The program recognizes local governments that strive to meet a high standard of financial transparency by opening their books to the public and providing information in a clear, consistent and user-friendly format.
"We must adhere to the highest standards of transparency, accountability and credibility in everything we do at Capital Metro," said President/CEO Linda S. Watson. "By providing this detailed financial information online, we are giving our community a clear picture of how Capital Metro conducts its business and uses taxpayer dollars."
Capital Metro's online Financial and Audit Information page allows taxpayers to easily see how the Authority spends its money. The following information is readily available:
- Accounts payable check register (first Texas transit system to provide online)
- Purchase card transaction register (first Texas transit system to provide online)
- Annual budget for the current and previous four years (with enhanced charts added in 2011)
- Monthly financial status reports that include income statements, budget variances by department, capital expenditures and projected cash flows
- Contract catalog record showing the status of all contracts including dates, vendors, expenditures and percentages of completion
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR) from the past five years
- Federal Triennial Reviews since 2003
- State Quadrennial Reviews since 2004
- Internal Audit summary reports from the past five years
- Executive staff salaries
In 2010, Capital Metro was the first transit system in Texas and the first government agency in Austin area to receive the Gold Leadership Circle designation.