Always leading the way in cooking technology, Capital’s new Culinarian Series is designed for those who are excited, not intimidated by intense commercial capabilities, in other words, those who really love to cook. The latest product series from Capital President & CEO Surjit Kalsi, who developed the first commercial range for residential use in 1985/86, offers consumers the power and performance of a restaurant kitchen with the fit and finish that makes it a beautiful showpiece in the home. The series is available in 30”, 36”, 48” freestanding ranges in both self and manual clean, 60” self clean, and 30”, 36”, 48” and 60” range-tops for built-in applications.
One look at the power burners and you’ll see the difference. The flame rises from each part of the burner ports, not just around a burner cap to provide the most even heat distribution and best cooking results. Each burner is packed with an impressive 23,000 BTUs/hr of power, but it’s the way the temperature interacts with the cookware and food that makes the difference. Imagine a delicate sauce receiving uniform heat distribution with 94 evenly spaced small flames at 145°F instead of one or two circles of flame with large separations. And on the power end of the spectrum, consider how quickly the boil will occur when the entire pot of water is receiving the same amount of heat instead of from just an outside ring and middle heat source alone.
“I developed the Culinarian in direct response to feedback for more power and better burners in the kitchen. True home chefs don’t just want professional-style looks, they want restaurant-style functionality,” states Surjit Kalsi, also the 2011 NKBA Hall of Fame inductee. “I designed open burner systems earlier in my career, but the market seemed to want the tidy looks of a sealed burner. Now, our customers are getting more sophisticated and advancing their cooking styles.”
The Culinarian is not just about the burner system; it offers inspiring cooking features for perfect results and ease of use. Cooks will appreciate the design ingenuity of features such as:
- ALL burners have the same 23,000 BTUs/hr of power and low temperature capability (many gas cooktop burners have different sizes and you have to move pots around depending on desired function)
- Reduced distance between top rack position and broiler in the oven – competitive products first rack position is 6” away from broiler whereas the first position in the Culinarian oven is 3” away making for a better, more efficient broil
- Open burner system is perfect for wok cooking with even heat distribution that targets the "sweet spot" (or center) of a wok
- Special attention is paid to welds and corners – all joints and edges are smooth, seamless and hand polished
- Superior insulation and a unique fan behind the control panel keep knobs and doors cool to the touch, important for cooks and children
- 10 standard color finishes available (not available in range-tops), custom colors also available.
Here are some other highlights of the Culinarian Series. Depending on the size of the unit, features may vary.
Cooking Surface (Range-tops and Freestanding Ranges)
- EZ Glide™ full extension drip trays to catch grease and debris from the open burners, grill, wok and griddle functions. Trays are smoothly finished and removable for easy cleaning.
- Commercial quality cast iron grates dedicated to each burner.
- Single thermostatically controlled 12” griddle option (18,000 BTUs) or double 24” griddle option (30,000 BTUs).
- Choice of configurations in 36” – 60” units with either maximum amount of burners, 12” or 24” griddle surfaces, or 12” or 24” BBQ grill surfaces (stainless steel griddle plate and grill covers, exclusive to Capital, come standard).
- Auto ignition and re-ignition on all burners with dedicated spark modules.
- Die cast, chrome plated metal knobs with black trim (cabernet red color optional).
- FlexRoll™ oven rack for smooth operation.
- Island trim included.
- Cast iron wok grates offered as an option.
- Heavy duty hinges, alloyed steel, die cast, chrome plated handle and end caps, stainless steel handle bar.
- Bake, broil, convection bake and broil, and open-door broil mode.
- Primary ovens have 18,000 BTU broiler behind glass and 30,000 BTU oven for uniform baking.
- Secondary ovens in the 48” and 60” units have 15,000 and 22,000 BTUs input.
- Titanium speck porcelain oven interiors.
- Bright oven lights and extra large viewing windows with embossed design.
- 30” - large 4.1 cu ft. capacity.
- 36” - large 4.6 cu ft. capacity, fits 26” x 18” commercial pans.
- 48” - primary oven large 4.6 cu ft. capacity, fits 26” x 18” commercial pans; secondary oven 2.1 cu ft. capacity.
- 48” - Motorized rotisserie system in primary oven with heavy duty cast stainless steel prongs and spit rod (patent pending, self clean only).
- 60” - primary oven large 4.6 cu ft. capacity, fits 26” x 18” commercial pans; secondary oven 3.1 cu ft. capacity.
- 60” - Motorized rotisserie system in primary oven with heavy duty cast stainless steel prongs and spit rod (patent pending, self clean only).
The Culinarian Series is now being distributed throughout the United States and Canada and is available to view and order at specialty retailers. Please email or call Press Contact, Lisa Herbert for further information and/or high-resolution images on the Culinarian or any other fine Capital product at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-756-2709, ext. 4.
- 30 -