The six finalists in the 2012 Venture Showcase competition include:
- Flashback Technologies Inc. - Longmont, CO - is developing and commercializing product applications of its proprietary software algorithm platform called CipherSensorTM Technology. The first product application is in the medical trauma setting enabling the immediate, noninvasive detection of the risk for cardiovascular collapse and monitoring of the effectiveness of fluid resuscitation therapy. http://www.flashbacktechnologies.com
- KromaTiD - Fort Collins, CO - makes products for analyzing defects and damage to human chromosomes. The company is launching the first commercial platform for the discovery and detection of a recalcitrant class of DNA mutations known as Chromosomal Inversions. http://www.kromatid.com
- Siva Therapeutics Inc. - Boulder, CO - is developing a method for cancer therapy which promises to be safer, with fewer side effects, and at least as effective as current therapies. The company’s approach is precision photothermal treatment of solid tumors using targeted gold nanorods - SivaRods™. http://www.sivatherapeutics.com
- Sophono Inc. - Boulder, CO - has developed the world’s first non-percutaneous, implantable, bone-anchored hearing device. The company’s Alpha 1 System eliminates the problematic abutment of other devices by using magnets to securely affix the external sound processor to a titanium implant. http://www.sophono.com
- SuviCa Inc. - Boulder, CO - is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for oncology. The company’s family of compounds target a process crucial for cancer growth but under-utilized as a drug target. http://www.suvica.com
- VetDC Inc. - Fort Collins, CO - is an emergent veterinary biotechnology company that licenses innovative human biomedical technologies to address serious unmet medical needs in companion animals. The company’s lead candidate is a novel anti-cancer drug. http://www.vet-dc.com
The Venture Showcase finalists pitch their technologies and business plans in front of a live audience at BioWest to a panel of bioscience experts and venture capitalists. The winner, announced at the end of the conference day, will receive a $7,500 cash prize.
About BioWest 2012
The conference features keynote speakers Ginger Graham of Harvard Business School and past president of Amylin Pharmaceuticals and Mike Huckman former CNBC biopharma and medical device industry reporter-turned-PR pro. The one-day event is attended by more than 500 industry leaders, government representatives, executives, researchers, investors and entrepreneurs. BioWest provides Colorado's bioscience community opportunities to network, learn from one another and collaborate to grow the industry.
Conference Registration is now open at http://www.CoBioScience.com/BioWest -- early rates for members start at $250 and $325 for non-members and passes for the expo hall & reception only are $75 for members and $125 for non-members. Group rates are available for companies and organizations.
Registration for the conference also includes Conference Tracks with programs focusing on Business Development and Clinical Trials; the Exhibit Hall with over 40 exhibitors showcase new technologies, products and services to attendees; and the Poster Session featuring Boettcher Investigators in the Webb-Waring Biomedical Research Program to showcase earlier stage technologies from the region’s top research institutions.
BioWest 2012 Sponsors include Founders Session Sponsor, Colorado Science + Technology Park at Fitzsimons; Keynote Lunch Sponsor, Ernst & Young ; Venture Showcase Sponsors, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, EKS&H, Metro Denver EDC;Track Sponsors, NextGen, Clinipace, Lonza, Sheridan Ross PC; Lanyard Sponsor, Cooley; Closing Reception Sponsor, Wells Fargo; Co-track Sponsors, University of Colorado Health, National Jewish Health Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories, DaVita Clinical Research; and, General Conference Sponsors, Johnson & Johnson, PhRMA and Fisher Scientific.
About Colorado BioScience Association
The CBSA is a not-for-profit organization providing services and support for Colorado's bioscience industry. With more than 350 members, CBSA actively works to promote the growth of the industry by advocating for a better business environment, growing the state's biotech workforce, fighting for policies that support a strong bioscience industry in the state, and speaking with a single voice on behalf of the industry. For more information, visit http://www.cobioscience.com
CBSA also is found on these social media sites:
LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=98468&trk=anet_ug_grppro
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/ColoradoBioScienceAssociation
News Feed: http://coloradobio.blogspot.com
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/COBioscience
# # #
Mae Desaire, Director of Marketing, Colorado BioScience Association - http://www.cobioscience.com – 720-382-5918, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maggie Chamberlin Holben, APR, Absolutely Public Relations - http://www.absolutelypr.com - 303-984-9801, email@example.com