GREENVILLE, S.C. – As the sport of kayak fishing has taken off over the past few years, so has Wilderness Systems’ enthusiasm and support for this rapidly developing pastime. With a commitment to increasing awareness and participation for kayaking angling, Wilderness Systems announces a line up of 2012 sponsorships that hone in on the most exciting events, innovative individuals and inspirational organizations in the sport.
“Kayak anglers exude an unquestionable enthusiasm for and dedication to their sport,” said Tracy Waldroup, marketing communications manager for Confluence Watersports, parent company to Wilderness Systems. “At Wilderness Systems, this passion has inspired us to join the fun and do our part to support this growing community by aligning our 2012 sponsorships with a list of opportunities that will nurture and celebrate the sport and its followers as it continues to grow.”
Wilderness Systems Sponsorships for 2012:
• Knot Right Kayak Fishing on NBC Sports, World Fishing Network’s Kayak Bassin with Chad Hoover, and Kayak Bassin’ TV: This three-show sponsorship package offers kayak bass fishing tips, tricks and secrets from Wilderness Systems Pro Staff Director Chad Hoover. From his YouTube web-series Kayak Bassin’ TV, Hoover is taking his popular instruction and entertainment act to television with Knot Right Kayak Fishing, which premiered March 30, and Kayak Bassin with Chad Hoover, which hits airwaves in June 2012.
• Forgotten Coast Kayak Fishing Classic (April 13-14, 2012). Wilderness Systems is awarding a boat to the winner of the trout division of the competition in this fifth annual charity fishing tournament in Crawfordville, Fla. In addition to promoting the growing sport of kayak fishing, proceeds from the event will go to The Wakulla County Senior Services Center “Meals on Wheels” program. Wilderness Systems Pro Staff member, Jeff Suber, will again spearhead the event.
• Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association (September 29, 2012). Wilderness Systems is proud to present a boat to the winner of the eighth annual “Fish for Charity” event in Virginia Beach, Va., which benefits two great organizations, Heroes on the Water and Project Healing Waters. Heroes on the Water offers paddling as a healing tool for military personnel who have been injured in the line of duty. Project Healing Waters is committed to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and veterans through fly fishing education and trips.
• Mass Bay Striper Shootout (August 17-19, 2012). New England Kayak Fishing’s Mass Bay Striper Shootout is the largest kayak striper tournament in New England. The shootout winner will be awarded a Wilderness Systems kayak.
• Berryessa Salmon Slam (April 22, 2012). Held in Spanish Flat, Calif., this kayak fishing tournament allows for six different species of fish to count towards the winnings, and Wilderness Systems, in association with Adventure Sports, is getting in on the fun by donating a Ride 135 to the grand prize winner.
• Paddle4Tomorrow. This Georgia-based organization believes that paddling is a sport that you can’t keep to yourself – so they don’t. Paddle4Tomorrow seeks out those in need, whether that be physical, mental, or because of situation, and teaches paddling as accessible and sustainable by getting them on the water to experience the healing power of confidence in a kayak. Wilderness Systems supports their extraordinary efforts and is donating a boat for program use.
• KayakBassFishing.com Challege Series. – Wilderness Systems Pro Staff director Chad Hoover’s popular bass fishing site is holding series of fishing challenges for site members throughout the fishing season. To support the sport of kayak angling, each contestant must clearly show his or her kayak in each contest-photo entry, and every winner will be awarded a new Wilderness Systems kayak. A portion of the proceeds from the series will go to benefit Heroes on the Water, which offers paddling as a healing tool for military personnel who have been injured in the line of duty.
The sponsorships are also supported by the Wilderness Systems Pro Staff who are known for their extensive knowledge of kayak angling, as well as their competition prowess and passion for sharing the sport with others. Wilderness Pro Staff members are not only respected advocates for the sport of kayak fishing, but also they are fierce competitors and dedicated anglers, and we are proud to continue to call this group of loyal brand ambassadors family.
About Wilderness Systems:
Innovative designs tuned for performance, premium outfitting, and superlative quality have aligned Wilderness Systems boats with the most acclaimed paddling experiences in the world. Since 1986, Wilderness Systems has pushed the limits of design and innovation, by refusing to compromise. A Wilderness Systems kayak offers the ultimate in performance and design for the recreational boater to the expedition paddler. Taking that same drive into the angling market, Wilderness Systems fishing kayaks exemplify the ultimate experience for anglers. For the times you can’t be on water, experience Wilderness Systems at www.wildernesssystems.com and join the Wildy Community.
Wilderness Systems · Wave Sport · Perception · Dagger · Mad River Canoe · Harmony · Adventure Technology · Bomber Gear