The best Valentine’s Day gift won’t be found in a box this year. Instead, whisk your loved one away to Dahlonega, Ga. for a romantic weekend getaway. Located one hour from Atlanta, Dahlonega’s assortment of cozy lodging options make it the perfect winter destination. During the month of February, many bed and breakfasts, cabins, and restaurants will be offering special Valentine’s Day packages and discounts.
1. Cavendar Creek, a cozy bed and breakfast, is running a special now through March: pay for two nights, and get a third night free. February is “Valentine’s Month”, and each cabin will receive a complimentary box of Paul Thomas Chocolates. To make reservations call (706) 864-7221 or toll free (866) 373-6307 or request cabin availability. http://www.cavendercreek.com/
2. Lily Creek Lodge is offering a Valentine’s Day special package throughout the month of February. The price for two people is $325 plus tax and includes: two nights in a queen guestroom, a dozen beautiful roses, and chocolates from the Fudge Factory or Dahlonega “Gold” bars from Paul Thomas Chocolates (your choice). Additionally, guests will enjoy gourmet full breakfast each morning and two tickets for a wine tasting at one of Dahlonega’s award-winning wineries. Plan to stay a third night for 25% off the original room rate and a fourth night for 50% off. Call (706) 864-6848 for more information. http://www.lilycreeklodge.com/Specials.html
3. The Sylvan Valley Lodge Valentine’s Package is only available February 11-12th. The Valentine's package includes dinner for two at the scandalous Naked Winery Wine Dinner and accommodations in one of the well-appointed rooms or rustic cabins. Guests also enjoy red roses, chocolate covered strawberries, and sparkling wine in their room upon arrival and a full breakfast on Sunday morning. http://sylvanvalleylodge.com/packages/
4. Dahlonega Cabins are running special Valentine’s pricing as well. Round up your friends, and head to the mountains as Dahlonega Cabins are offering two nights available at Cimarron or Sunset Lodge, a Valentine’s Day Sunday Brunch for six at Wolf Mountain Vineyards, including a bottle of Howling Wolf Red wine. This package is priced at $800 plus 12% tax for lodging, and tax and gratuity for brunch. http://www.dahlonegacabins.net/
5. One of the many vineyards in Dahlonega, Three Sisters Vineyards, presents its Annual “Wine & Chocolate LOVERS” Celebration throughout February. This February 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, and 25th-26th, the Three Sisters Vineyard will combine chocolate and wines in a special tasting line-up. No reservations are required for the walk-up $20 per person tastings. However, the special $35 per person private tasting/seating in the winery will require advance ticket purchase, with limited seating. The $35 tasting includes a barrel tasting, souvenir wine glass, special chocolates and treats. http://www.threesistersvineyards.com/
6. Wolf Mountain Vineyard invites couples to its Valentine Celebration Weekend. Saturday, February 11th at 7 p.m. will be the Valentine Gourmet dinner with a six course meal with wine pairings. The dinner is $80 per person, all inclusive. The Vineyard is also having a Valentine Sunday Brunch with seatings at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. on February 12th. The cost of the brunch is $30 plus tax and gratuity. Contact Lindsey Smith to make reservations at email@example.com. http://www.wmvwine.com
7. Forest Hills Resort is celebrating its 35th year of business this year, and is excited to kick off its Valentine’s weekend of romance February 10-12th. Guests will enjoy champagne or cider on arrival, horse-drawn carriage rides to dinner, an elegant candle-lit dinner event with a live jazz band and more. Choose from king rooms, king suites, a "rustic" cabin with hot tub or a luxury cabin with hot tub and king bed. This weekend always sells out early, so make reservations soon. http://www.foresths.com/
Also, Forest Hills Resort is offering a free Honeymoon cabin weekend for two nights with purchase of our $499 elopement package. The package includes outdoor or chapel ceremony, minister, photographer, souvenir toasting flutes and beverage. Choose from January 21st, 28th or February 14th! View all events online here: http://forresthillsresort.com/index.php/North-Georgia-Festivals-and-Events/
8. The Dahlonega Square Villa, private villas in the Historic District, is offering up to $24 off the regular room rate throughout January and February. Guests staying at these villas have the luxury of parking the car and walking to fabulous restaurants and unique shops in Dahlonega. To book a stay, visit www.DahlonegaSquareVilla.com.
Treat your Valentine to a winter escape this year. Shop, play, and stay in Dahlonega this February as you take advantage of the special Valentine’s Day packages and specials.