THE STATISTICS DON’T LIE
Check your breath – it’s the safe thing to do. The Safe Breath Survey examines the risks that 18 to 34-year-olds are taking with their breath, how preparedness factors into a successful social encounter and the rules of attraction when it comes to dating and breath.
- 53% of Americans ages 18 to 34 have had an “intimate moment” cut short because they were unprepared. While granny panties or white briefs can be a mood-killer, 76% say bad breath would be a more embarrassing end to an “intimate moment” than unflattering underwear.
- There are some things you can look past and still have a good date, such as sweaty palms (50%) or wrinkled clothes (47%). However, try to avoid the garlic mashed potatoes at dinner: 86% of those polled could not disregard bad breath on a first date.
- Feeling good in your new pair of designer jeans? No matter what you're wearing, 71% feel less confident meeting someone of the opposite sex if their breath isn't fresh.
- 58% have lost interest in someone they were attracted to due to bad breath. And that’s no smooching secret; charm alone can only get you so far - 48% of women 18 to 34 would end a relationship with someone with consistently bad breath.
- The truth hurts, and most aren’t ready to tell it to you straight – especially when it comes to breath blunders. 85% of people think it would be harder to tell someone they have bad breath than tell them their zipper’s down.
- Skinny jeans definitely have their drawbacks. 78% have sacrificed essentials during a night out to avoid carrying them, and nearly 1 in 4 (23%) have left gum at home because they didn’t want to carry it – a rookie mistake.
DENTYNE INTRODUCES THE NEW SPLIT2FIT PACK, THE CURE FOR UNSAFE BREATH
Fear not – Dentyne has the fix. With the introduction of the NEW Dentyne Split2Fit Pack you no longer have to make this sacrifice. The Dentyne Split2Fit pack is an innovative, versatile and sleek package that holds 33 percent more gum than before (16 vs. 12 pieces) and can be split into two smaller, sleeker and easier-to-carry packs. Now you can carry all sixteen (16) pieces at once, or, if space is limited, you can split the pack into two smaller halves that are easier to slip in to close-fitting places like a shirt pocket, a clutch or those skinny jeans! In addition, Dentyne has launched a new flavor, Dentyne Ice Mint Frost, bringing a fresh new taste to the Dentyne lineup of intense breath freshening gums.
SPLIT2FIT PACK, FITS ALMOST ANYWHERE
It’s true – Dentyne’s Split2Fit pack fits almost anywhere. From a banana hammock to those skinny jeans, the new slim & trim pack ensures that you’re always fresh no matter where you are. To prove a point, check out these three tongue-in-cheek videos:
1. Dentyne Split2Fit Shorts: Banana Hammock
2. Dentyne Split2Fit Shorts: Crash Test Dummies
3. Dentyne Split2Fit Shorts: God of Surgery
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Get your friends in on the action and share on Twitter and Facebook.
Share on Twitter: Click on the tweet below to easily share with your Twitter followers.
Are u prepared 2 practice safe breath? Find out if u're an offender & be prepared w/ @Dentyne’s new #Split2Fit Pack bit.ly/Split2Fit
- Share on Facebook: Click here on the link below to easily share with your Facebook friends.
Share your safe (or not so safe) breath stories! If you’re a blogger and would like to be a part of our blogging program surrounding Dentyne’s Safe Breath Survey and introduction of their new Split2Fit pack with your readers, please contact email@example.com for more info. Special product incentive packages available (U.S. only; while supplies last).
The Dentyne brand offers a range of flavors and options to encourage social connections. Dentyne Ice gum delivers bold breath freshening with intense, yet smooth great tasting flavors like NEW Mint Frost, Arctic Chill, Peppermint, Spearmint, and Dentyne Fire. Dentyne Pure – first in the gum category with NeutraFresh – a proprietary blend of ingredients that is clinically shown to neutralize bad breath odors. Available in Mint with Herbal Accents and Mint with Melon Accents, Dentyne Pure doesn’t just mask bad breath, it purifies breath deliciously. All Dentyne sugarless gum products can be found in convenience, mass merchandise, drug stores, grocery stores and other retail outlets. To learn more about the Dentyne family of sugarless gums, please visit www.dentyne.com.
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS
Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE: KFT) is a global snacks powerhouse with an unrivaled portfolio of brands people love. Proudly marketing delicious biscuits, confectionery, beverages, cheese, grocery products and convenient meals in approximately 170 countries, Kraft Foods had 2011 revenue of $54.4 billion. Twelve of the company’s iconic brands – Cadbury, Jacobs, Kraft, LU, Maxwell House, Milka, Nabisco, Oreo, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Tang and Trident – generate revenue of more than $1 billion annually. On Aug. 4, 2011, Kraft Foods announced plans to divide and create two independent public companies: a high-growth global snacks business and a high-margin North American grocery business. The transaction is expected to be completed before the end of 2012. A leader in innovation, marketing, health & wellness and sustainability, Kraft Foods is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor's 500, Dow Jones Sustainability Index and Ethibel Sustainability Index. Visit www.kraftfoodscompany.com and www.facebook.com/kraftfoodscorporate.
ABOUT THE SURVEY METHODOLOGY
The Dentyne Safe Breath Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,025 nationally representative American adults, ages 18 to 34, and among 400 Americans ages 18 to 34 in each of the top ten DMAs, between January 4 and January 17, 2012, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. adult population 18 and older.
Results of any sample are subject to sampling variation. The magnitude of the variation is measurable and is affected by the number of interviews and the level of the percentages expressing the results. For the nationally representative sample of adults 18 to 34, the chances are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 3.1 percentage points from the result that would be obtained if interviews had been conducted with all persons in the universe represented by the sample. For each individual DMA, the changes are 95 in 100 that a survey result does not vary, plus or minus, by more than 4.9 percentage points.