The X-ES SFFR router incorporates Cisco IOS IP Routing Software with Cisco Mobile Ready Net capabilities to provide highly secure data, voice, and video communications to stationary and mobile network nodes across both wired and wireless links. Combining the SFFR with UHF, VHF, Wi-Fi, and other radio platforms enables integrators to create mobile, wireless, ad hoc networks, without requiring a connection to central infrastructure.
SFFR is a packaged, deployment-ready system for the most Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)-constrained applications. This rugged router, available in natural convection-cooled, conduction-cooled, or forced air-cooled enclosures, can be installed tomorrow in any vehicle or aircraft and/or deployed in the harshest of environments.
Unique features of SFFR include:
• Rugged router running Cisco IOS Release 15.2GC
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) support
• Cisco Mobile Ready Net, which allows for mobile ad hoc networking and Radio Aware Routing (RAR) with Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
• Hardware acceleration and hardware encryption
• Integrated threat control using Cisco IOS Firewall, Cisco IOS Zone-based Firewall, Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Cisco IOS Content Filtering
• Identity management using authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and public key infrastructure
• Four integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports available via commercial RJ-45, industrial IP66/67, or military D38999 connectors
• Mini-system footprint of only 4.88 in. (W) x 1.90 in. (H) x 7.70 in. (L) = 71.4 in3
• Integrated MIL-STD-704 28V DC power supply with MIL-STD-461 E/F EMI filtering
• -40 to +85°C operational temperature range
• Meets MIL-STD-810F environmental and MIL-STD-461E EMI specifications
• Natural convection cooling, conduction cooling, or forced air cooling
“Our customers wanted to avoid all IT training costs, and SFFR runs the exact same version of IOS that IT professionals are already using in-office,” states Bret Farnum, VP of Sales and Marketing, X-ES. “This allows them to expand their network to personnel, equipment, and facilities at the edge of the network – warfighters on the battlefield, mines and drilling platforms, and natural disaster mobile command centers – without any additional training.”
With the addition of the SFFR, X-ES is offering customers the ability to immediately field a rugged router that has been tested, qualified, and is ready to deploy. X-ES customers have the choice of integrating the XPedite5205 Embedded Services Router (ESR) PMC module into their system or deploying the SFFR router.
About X-ES — Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A. based company, designs and builds single-board computers, I/O boards, power supplies, backplanes, chassis, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. X-ES offers cutting-edge performance and flexibility in design, plus an unparalleled level of customer support and service. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com or call (608) 833-1155.