Media Contact: Sara Faiwell, Fishman Public Relations, (847) 945-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ann Arbor, MI – (May 8, 2012) – There’s nothing better as a gift for Mom than knocking off a few pesky chores that have built up for years around the house. When it comes to the perfect Mother’s Day gift, sometimes it is the thought – and handiwork – that counts.
Mr. Handyman, the largest employer of handymen nationwide, has released a list of the top home repairs that Mom would consider a real treat. All of the projects can easily incorporate help from the kids as well. For a fun gift idea, kids can make a booklet showcasing which of the projects they will complete.
- Organize the Garage: This means installing a hang rack for brooms, shovels and tools, as well as general clean-up and consolidation of items not needed anymore by the family.
- Picture Perfect: A great gift idea is always pictures of the kids and family. But even better – frame them and hang them up on the walls.
- Ready for Warm Weather: Summer is coming and even though Mom loves to entertain on the patio, she doesn’t want to power wash patio furniture and the deck. Take it off her hands and she’ll be grateful. As an added bonus, kids can help plant flowers around the patio or deck as an added surprise.
- Get Painting: Paint changes everything. Dad and the kids together can paint the garage floor, the laundry room or even a bedroom in the house that is old and stale. While Dad does the heavy lifting, the kids can lay the drop cloth and add tape to the trim.
- Fixture Switches: There’s nothing easier to update than handles or fixtures on cabinet or bedroom doors. Get the kids involved in picking out some fun, new fixtures and all Dad has to do is take out the screw gun.
- Last-Minute Gift: If dad and the kids can’t get it together in time, there’s always an option to buy the help. Mr. Handyman offers gift certificates for a perfect last-minute gift.
About Mr. Handyman
Mr. Handyman is part of a network of independently owned and operated franchises with 250 locations nationwide, which provide commercial and residential property maintenance, repair and improvement services. Founded in March 2000, Mr. Handyman is a member of Service Brands International, a group of service companies that provide a variety of timesaving services ideally suited for today’s active consumer. Entrepreneur magazine has repeatedly recognized Mr. Handyman as one of America’s fastest growing, service-oriented franchise systems and the No. 1 handyman service. To locate a Mr. Handyman franchise near you, visit www.mrhandyman.com.