“Today is a very important day for Galaxie, since Rogers Digital Cable customers will immediately be upgraded to an improved on-screen experience for Galaxie,” said Eric Boyko, President and CEO of Stingray Digital. “We strive to offer Canadians the best possible music experience by continually improving our service. We wanted our TV service to be as visually appealing as the Galaxie Broadband service offered on Rogers Anyplace TV,” he added.
Instead of seeing a plain screen that only displayed the song information, customers will now see thematic images on the screen when a Galaxie channel is tuned. The images change every 10 seconds for the duration of the song, and the channel information as well as song information is displayed in heavy frequency along with the images, allowing viewers the opportunity to immediately identify the artist or title of the song.
These on-screen improvements will soon be available on more cable platforms and are just one of many recent improvements to the Galaxie service including an increased offering of up to 100 channels with many new multicultural music channels.
About Stingray Digital Media Group
Stingray Digital is the leading multi-platform music service provider in the world, with more than 70 million subscribers in 48 different countries. Our properties include:
- Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in Canada and in the US (www.galaxie.ca)
- The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet (www.thekaraokechannel.com)
- Music Choice Europe, the leading digital music service on TV in Europe and Africa (www.musicchoiceinternational.com)
- Concert TV, a video-on-demand service distributed to 45 million homes in the US and in Canada (www.concerttv.com)
- Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for business (www.stingray360.com)
- Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other (www.stingray-music.com)
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, the company has 200 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles, and London, England. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.
For more information, please contact:
Gary Pelletier, Vice President of Marketing