HDTV technology progressed in leaps in bounds during the year(s) 2010-2011 with the top brand manufacturers producing:
- Plasma TV's with dynamic contrast ratios for deeper blacks and brighter whites
- LCD TV's with bright displays and sharp, crisp picture quality
- LED TV's with gorgeous backlit colors and enhanced contrast
- 3D TV's with eye-popping images that seem to leap from the set
- DLP TV's for stunning home theater picture quality in large screen formats
What are the Best TVs to Buy in 2011?
Clearly certain manufacturers seem to have a knack for producing TV's of a certain type as a result of investing their R&D into the technologies they feel will garner the most popularity in 2011 and beyond.
In the Plasma TV category we found:
- Panasonic: A great blend of high-end features, outstanding picture quality, and outstanding overall value.
- Samsung: Solid 2D performance with newer models offering top-notch 3D performance with competitive pricing.
- LG: Style, features and very competitive pricing.
- Sharp: Able to delivers vivid picture quality, top notch sound, and special "Vyper Drive" game mode to reduce lag time for serious gamers.
- Samsung: Top of the line LCD picture quality, features and value.
- LG: Style, features and very competitive pricing even in the higher-priced LCD category.
- Vizio: Excellent choice for budget-conscious consumers who still desire solid LCD performance.
- Toshiba: A surprise in the LCD category with newer cinema-style models that are sleek, easy to install, and have gorgeous picture quality.
- LG: A leader in blending LED picture quality with interactive features at a competitive price.
- Samsung: The same superb picture quality, features, performance and design you'd expect from Samsung.
- Sony: One of the best LED TV manufacturers in it's class.
- Vizio: Good LED quality for the consumer on a budget.
- Sharp: The best-of-breed in LCD and LED technology.
- Toshiba: Near-flawless Cinema-series LED's that continue to impress.
- Mitsubishi: Dominant in the slowly dying DLP category, but nevertheless an excellent option for large format HDTV
Wallace provides in-depth research and details on the best brands, models, features and locations to purchase on the web at deep discounts.
See the Best TVs to Buy in 2010-2011