Account executive serves as the day-to-day contact for a select number of agency clients. Will also be involved in new business development (proposal writing, presentations) and some supervisory responsibilities (see below)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Act as principal contact for client
• Be responsible for day-to-day management of account
• Analyze and anticipate client needs and formulate and implement appropriate strategies
• Manage client requests and expectations
• Initiate, direct and attend client meetings
• Successfully manage multiple clients and/or projects simultaneously
• Approach supervisor consistently with recommendations for addressing client requests/issues
• Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of account coordinators and interns
• Initiate and develop new business opportunities
• Enhance and foster overall company culture and team moral/enthusiasm
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strategic plan development and implementation
• Proven proactive media relations strategies and tactics
• Proven digital communications/social media strategies and tactics
• Demonstrated new business development ability
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in journalism, public relations or related field from a four-year college or university and three –five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Agency experience preferred.
This position will, in conjunction with the vice president/general manager or other senior agency management team members, supervise the account coordinators and/or interns assigned to his/her team.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write news releases, proposals, strategic plans, reports, and other business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, media and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel) and WordPress (or comparable blogging software). Understanding of online database programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; and frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. May occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment; moderate noise.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.