(Maricopa, Ariz.) – After enlisting the services of McPherson & Jacobson, LLC of Omaha, Neb. to conduct the search for a new superintendent, Maricopa Unified School District (MUSD) has announced their four finalists. Interviews for each, in which the public is invited to in order to learn more about each candidate, will take place in the coming weeks prior to MUSD announcing its final decision for superintendent.
The four candidates are:
- Dr. Jim Bogner – Assistant Superintendent, Creighton School District #14 (Phoenix)
- Dr. Steve Chestnut – Superintendent, Selah School District (Selah, Wash.)
- Dr. Ember Conley – Deputy Superintendent, Maricopa Unified School District (Maricopa, Ariz.)
- Mr. Keith Rittel – Deputy Superintendent, Clover Park School District (Lakewood, Wash.)
“We are excited to have four excellent candidates,” said Governing Board President Scott Bartle. “The interviews will be a great opportunity for the board and MUSD’s many constituents to get to know the candidates, and for the candidates to learn more about Maricopa, our school district and the great people who constitute the MUSD family.”
Parents and Maricopa community members are invited to a Community Reception & Coffee that will take place from 7:30 – 9 a.m. the morning of each candidate’s interviews on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 24: Dr. Jim Bogner
- Thursday, April 26: Dr. Ember Conley
- Friday, April 27: Mr. Keith Rittel
- Monday, April 30: Dr. Steve Chestnut
Each reception will take place at the MUSD Office, in the Governing Board Room located at 44150 W. Maricopa/Casa Grande Hwy #118, Maricopa, Ariz. RSVPs are not required.
For more information on the Maricopa Unified School District visit www.maricopausd.org or call (520) 568-5100.