New Balance debuts their Excellent Makers global campaign today that celebrates people in the world who “make” things - especially things that are “Excellent.” The brand highlights craftsmen, athletes, artists and musicians and shares their common passion for what they do.
“New Balance recognized that every day we all have the opportunity to make excellent happen. We hope this campaign inspires people to make Excellent happen in their own lives and in their own way,” says Steve Gardner, SBU Manager for New Balance Lifestyle. “We are proud of our own heritage, commitment to craftsmanship, and how we can support and celebrate people who are following their own personal Excellent.”
The campaign launches in-store and online via social media, with videos and creative, engaging elements on New Balance’s Lifestyle Facebook page.
New Balance highlights Excellent Makers through six campaign videos including:
- Nick Swisher, professional baseball player – his foundation Swish’s Wishes benefits young children in the community.
- Jay Electronica hip-hop artist - born in 1976, Electronica grew up in the Magnolia projects of New Orleans with a passion for music that he loves to share.
- New Balance Factory associates, from Skowhegan, ME who work crafting shoes.
- Osian Batkya-Williams, eco designer – a London-based designer and modern Jack-of-all-trades, Osian works as an industrial designer, furniture maker, teacher, and builder.
- Kate Gibb, screen printer - as a contemporary silk-screen artist, Kate Gibb finds inspiration in the most unlikely places.
- New Balance Factory Associates from Flimby, U.K. who work crafting shoes.
Also, several 2012 lifestyle footwear introductions, including the 1300, 574 and US574, are also shown in the campaign. People can also submit to the Excellent Inspired Gallery which features designs from global brand fans.
Last March, New Balance launched their current brand campaign “Let’s Make Excellent Happen” that is designed to motivate and inspire active consumers to reach a new level of personal performance – a new level of “Excellent.” The fully-integrated campaign features the tagline, “Let’s Make Excellent Happen.”
ABOUT NEW BALANCE
New Balance, based in Boston, MA, continues its tradition of premium footwear. Designed for both men and women, New Balance footwear features the finest construction and quality. Ranging from all-time classic favorites to reinvented modern silhouettes, each Lifestyle shoe features innovative materials and technologies that keep the New Balance brand as relevant and sought after today as it was 100 years ago. Celebrating heritage, craftsmanship, innovation and imagination, New Balance Lifestyle fuses classic designs from the past with bold ideas from the future.