Mother’s Day, annually celebrated with flowers and greeting cards, is a time to honor moms for their devotion and unconditional love. This year, the VEGAS.com experts offer an unforgettable gift with Sin City flair that puts your leading lady in the center of all the action. Whether she loves a good laugh or enjoys the finer things in life, the VEGAS.com team has the ideal Las Vegas shows to complement her traits and personality.
- Romantic: If your mom can often be spotted on the couch curled up with a glass of wine and the latest romance novel, Le Rêve – The Dream at the Wynn Las Vegas combines dancing and acrobatics that will leave her swooning. The passionate dreamlike plot is a captivating display of beautiful characters set in a mystifying wonderland.
- Kid-at-heart: Playful by nature, this mom doesn’t take life too seriously with her carefree, youthful spirit. Channel her inner child-like curiosity with a night with the Blue Man Group that explores science, art and music in their avant-garde show.
- Cougar: Let her wild side unleash with the ultimate girls night out at Chippendales at the Rio All Suites: Las Vegas Hotel and Casino. She’ll quickly be selecting her favorite cast member, twenty years her junior, as the men don their signature bow tie, wrist cuffs and jeans.
- Jokester: This mom loves a great joke and has pulled a few classic pranks in her time. Check out George Wallace at the Flamingo Las Vegas for a night of non-stop laughs and a refresher in “Yo mama” jokes.
- Music Buff: Indulge her passion for a melodious tune with tickets to Elton John: Million Dollar Piano. The renowned Rocket Man performs his greatest hits including “Tiny Dancer” and “Bennie and the Jets” at Caesars Palace throughout the month of May.
- Fitness Guru: With the promise of a good workout, Stripper 101 offers the athletic mom the opportunity to pick up a few pointers and unveil their inner bombshell. Students learn sexy striptease moves and lap dance techniques, while burning up a sweat in this class offered in the V Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino.
- Social Drinker: Always down for a party, this mom will delight with a toast at Absinthe, the thrilling showcase of world-class artists and outrageous comedy. The circus-style spectacular is daring, racy and the perfect night out for the mom who fancies an occasional libation.
- Flower Child: Attending Woodstock in her heyday, this mom symbolizes the epitome of peace and harmony. Take her on a psychedelic journey with LOVE by Cirque de Soleil, following the trends and politics of the ‘60s and the history of the iconic music sensation, The Beatles.
- Foodie: Surprise your mom with the ultimate entertainment package with Terry Fator at Mirage plus a three-course dinner at B.B. King’s Blues Club. Her taste buds will dance with joy before delighting in the many acts of Terry Fator.
- Going through “The Change”: Reaching a certain age in her life, she will enjoy the humor of aging woes, hot flashes and mood swings at Menopause the Musical. The show follows four women confessing their experiences with getting older to the tune of popular ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s songs.
No matter what personality type fits your mom, VEGAS.com offers the quintessential show, hotel deals and more to help you plan for a memorable Mother’s Day celebration. For more Las Vegas shows, visit http://www.vegas.com/shows/.
VEGAS.com is the largest city destination travel website in the world with extensive, constantly updated information and a full range of travel products including Las Vegas hotels, Las Vegas Air & Hotel Packages, Las Vegas shows, tours and golf. A state-of-the-art contact center provides customer support, expert information and sales 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to complement the information on www.VEGAS.com. VEGAS.com, through its Casino Travel & Tours unit, operates retail and concierge desks at more than 50 locations including the Palms, Paris, Harrah's, Bally's, Excalibur, New York-New York, Luxor and more. The company also offers a variety of excursions including city tours, the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. VEGAS.com is a member of the Greenspun Family of Companies, privately owned and operating in Southern Nevada for more than 60 years.
# # #
Alison Monaghan / Shandi Huber
Kirvin Doak Communications