November 2 - December 8, 2012
Opening Reception November 2, 2012, 6-8 pm
Deadline for entries: Saturday, October 6, 2012
In this exhibition: The Small Things, we are looking for artwork that is small in any way. This could be small in size, small in importance, small in manner. It is your job to uncover smallness in your artwork or create something new that embodies the meaning of small.
The commission on sold artwork is 40%. Selling art is a priority for the LAC. We prefer art that is for sale, but it is not a requirement for show entry.
Please review the exhibition guidelines at the bottom of this page before applying.
Mail images on a cd labeled with your name to Lander Art Center, 224 Main Street, Lander, WY 82520 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Up to 3 images (created in the past 3 years)
- Dimensions: 1920 pixels for the largest dimension (the other dimension will be less than or equal to 1920 pixels)
- File Format: Save all images as BASELINE Standard JPEG. Do not save as a Progressive JPEG.
- File Size: JPEGs must be under 1.8 MB.
- Color space: Save images in an RGB color space, preferably sRGB
3. Small Things Entry Form (see http://www.landerartcenter.com/thesmallthings to download form)
4. Application fee of $35 (check made to Lander Art Center, paypal payment made to email@example.com, or credit card # entered on entry form)
5. Signed WaiverRelease_Small Things2012.doc
There are 5 items needed to enter, see below. Entry will not be processed without all 5 items.
Deadline for completed entries:
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Notification will be emailed
October 13, 2012
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to you contact list and be sure to write your email address on the entry form.
Accepted artwork is due
Saturday, October 27, 2012
at the Lander Art Center, 224 Main St., Lander, WY 82520. Please package your artwork well and write your name on the packaging.
Artwork will be on exhibit:
November 2 - December 8, 2012
Opening reception is on Friday, November 2.
The opening is free and open to the public. All artists are invited to attend. Mark your calendar!
Show comes down on
December 8, 2012
Artwork must be picked up or shipping arranged by artist no later than December 22.
Exhibition Guidelines and Information
When submitting your artwork for a group exhibition (such as the Audubon or Members Show, please follow these guidelines:
- Artwork should have been completed in the last three years.
- Artwork should be of like media, for purposes of display continuity.
- Artwork should be labeled on the back with artist name and title of work.
- Artwork size limited to 48 inches for the largest dimension when applying to group shows
- Framed artwork hanging system should consist of eye hooks with wire and plexiglass.
- Artwork should be sufficiently packaged in a reusable container when brought to the Art Center. Packaging should be labeled with artist's name, contact information and number of pieces.
- All types of media are accepted. Please review specific exhibition guidelines for details pertaining to each exhibition. No copies of original artwork please.
- Fees are specific to each exhibition. Please review specifications for each exhibition. The Members Show is free for Supporter level and above members.
- No refunds will be given.
- We encourage artists to submit artwork that is for sale. A commission of 40% will be charged, except for the Members Show and the NEAT show where the commission charged is 20%.
- Booth events such as RiverFest and Art in the Afternoon have no commission, but do require an entry and a booth fee.
- The Lander Art Center reserves the right to final curatorial and installation decisions.
On Originality Any entry that is recognized as a copy will not be accepted. The following definition of original work was composed by professional artist Mary Back of Dubois, Wyoming:
"A direct copy of another's artwork is not acceptable whether the work copied is the actual artwork or a photograph of it published in a magazine or book, and whether or not the size is different. A direct copy of a postcard or other published photograph is not acceptable, on the grounds that the composition and color scheme are someone else's. It is acceptable to work from your own photographs, for in that case, you have decided on the composition and chosen the lighting which decides the color scheme. Within these concepts, we leave it to the conscience of the artist, whether the work he submits is his own work, or the entire creative inspiration of someone else."
Display All works to be hung must be securely wired and ready for display. All entries must remain on exhibit until the show closes. Artwork that is sold will remain until the show closes and at that time can be picked up or will be shipped to the buyer. Artists who desire to insure their work must carry their own insurance. The Lander Art Center will not be responsible in case of loss or damage. All reasonable care will be taken with entries. We urge you to consider plexiglas in place of glass.
Shipping Return shipping must be pre-paid UPS or Fedex.
Deadlines The Lander Art Center is a nonprofit organization funded through the community’s generous donations and grants. As a result, we have limited funds and manpower to accomplish our work. Exhibition and event deadlines allow us to manage our workload and maintain quality. Therefore, it is very important that we receive your entry within the established time frame. Please consider this as you decide when and what shows to enter. We update our website as often as possible to aid in the exhibition entry process. Please call Executive Director Dannine Donaho or Programs Coordinator, Lisa Hueneke with any questions at 307-332-5772.