What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is important to many bodily functions. Because it is water-soluble, unused portions of this nutrient are excreted from the body in the urine; for this reason, a constant supply of vitamin C from external sources is needed. This vitamin is available from a wide range of food sources, including melon, citrus fruits, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, greens, and a variety of other fruits and vegetables. Many cereals and other processed foods are fortified with vitamin C, as well, although it is not clear how much of the nutrient is absorbed from these sources.
How does vitamin C help to promote good health?
Vitamin C is essential to numerous metabolic and restorative processes. It is used to form proteins that are needed to grow and repair tissues such as skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels; it also works alongside calcium to build and maintain bones, teeth, and cartilage. In addition, this nutrient is necessary for healing wounds and forming scar tissue, and it helps to build collagen, which is needed for maintaining healthy, wrinkle-free skin.
Vitamin C is also one of several antioxidants, nutrients that block the effects of environmental contaminants known as free radicals. These harmful agents have been linked to cancer and other life-threatening diseases; maintaining a good source of vitamin C has been shown to help reduce the risk of developing these conditions.
What are the most important penis health benefits of vitamin C?
The benefits of vitamin C are significant and can help to prevent or correct a variety of common penis problems.
- Prevention of infection: The penile surface can be easily compromised by rough sex or masturbation, which causes microscopic cracks in the skin that can allow bacteria and fungi to penetrate, leading to infections that can cause rash, itching, burning, soreness and foul odor. Vitamin C is essential for fighting off infections that can cause these uncomfortable symptoms.
- Good heart health: Vitamin C is needed to maintain good cardiovascular health, which is important to proper sexual function as well as overall health and well-being.
- Building and strengthening blood vessels: This nutrient is necessary for building body tissues, including the blood vessels. Strong and healthy blood vessels are needed to avoid developing erectile dysfunction.
- Collagen production: Vitamin C is needed for the formation of collagen, which gives skin its elasticity and prevents the formation of wrinkles that can give the penis an unattractive appearance.
- Protection against environmental contaminants: This important vitamin acts as an antioxidant, helping to prevent skin damage as well as more serious conditions such as cancer.
Keeping Your Penis Healthy
The best way to prevent penis problems is to maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, limiting alcohol consumption, and avoiding the use of tobacco products; it is also important to be selective about the choice of sexual partners. In addition, it is suggested that a penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) containing penis-specific vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other essential nutrients be used daily to moisturize the skin and protect the penis from bacterial or fungal infections, which cause discomfort and may even lead to more serious penis health issues. Applying a penis crème directly to the skin ensures immediate absorption for maximum health benefits.
For additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy penis, visit: http://www.penishealth101.com/ . John Dugan writes about men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.