Founded in 2003, Ohio-based nonprofit organization Building Blocks for Kids has been providing assistance to more than 225 children with disabilities. The mission of Building Blocks for Kids is to improve the quality of life for children with health related needs that are currently being unmet by traditional means such as grants and government referrals.
The 2011 Annual Mardi Gras Benefit will be held Saturday, March 5, 2011 at RSVP in Loveland. The cost is $50 per person and includes raffles, blackjack and other games, live & silent auctions, and complimentary beer, wine, and hors d'oeuvres. One raffle includes an iPad! Raffle tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25.
All proceeds from the event will go to support Building Blocks for Kids mission to help families with children who have disabilities, and support their programs which include the following:
- Therapy for Kids - occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, aqua therapy, and specialized intensive therapy for children
- Building for Kids - wheelchair ramps and other home modifications
- Hearing & Communication for Kids - hearing aids and other equipment to help kids interact with the world
- Medical Equipment for Kids - wheelchairs, walkers, and other durable medical equipment
- Mobility for Kids - wheelchair vans and vehicle lifts, as well as tie down systems
- Caring for Kids - Nursing care and adaptive equipment such as strollers
- Canines for Kids - service/seizure/therapy dogs for kids
Please visit Building Blocks for Kids website at www.bb4k.org for more information. Casual dress or theme attire is encouraged for this event. Get out and support these kids!
M.C. Mobility Systems has been working with Building Blocks for Kids for years and are proud to support this event and organization. If you would like a referral to Building Blocks for Kids, please feel free to contact one of our qualified mobility specialists and we will be happy to assist you in getting help from this organization.