Roswell, Ga. (PitchEngine) May 8, 2012 — Roswell, Georgia-based Metro Music Makers announces highlights from its 2011-2012 season with substantial growth in students, teachers, prize-winning performances and achievements in the Atlanta metro area.
Metro Music Makers prides itself on making learning an instrument a fun, rewarding and convenient experience for both students and parents alike. The 2011-2012 season resulted in noteworthy milestones for the company’s growth, including the following highlights:
- The 2011-2012 season began with a “Coffee House Series” with students performing at various locations in Alpharetta and Roswell.
- During Fall 2011 the company reached its highest teacher count with 20 instructors providing lessons in Alpharetta, Milton, Duluth, Johns Creek, Suwanee, Cumming, Roswell, East Cobb, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Buckhead, the Virginia Highlands, and Lawrenceville.
- Metro Music Maker’s instructors were actively involved with the Atlanta music community this year, with several performing with the Atlanta Opera Company, the Atlanta Symphony Chorus and headlining shows at popular venues including The Redlight Café and Ragamuffin Music Hall.
- December marked the company’s largest student performance event with over 110 student performances appearing in the Holiday Recital Event.
- Through the generous donations provided by families at the Holiday Recital Event, three students have received scholarships providing the instruments, sheet music, accessories and lessons this year.
- In February, a milestone of 184 active students were enrolled in music lessons.
- In March, 41 students participated in the National Federation of Music Clubs Festival. Each student performed 2 memorized pieces for a judge in a closed audition in one of the following categories: piano, violin, guitar and voice. 37 students earned the highest rating of Superior, and 4 students received gold cup trophies. Metro Music Makers was the only group in the region to have students audition in violin and classical guitar events.
- During Spring 2012, several students were involved with community and school productions of musical theater including Cirque du Soleil, Seussical and Oliver.
- In April, Metro Music Maker’s Miss Jeanette Simpson was accepted to the highly esteemed Manhattan School of Music.
- Over 30 students volunteered this past year at a local assisted living community, performing in holiday-themed Monster Mash and Valentine’s Day programs for the seniors in the community.
“We’ve had a big year of growth – both in teacher and student numbers. Not only is the growth in numbers significant, but also the tremendous way in which each student has made progress on his or her instrument.” states Metro Music Maker’s president Allison Boyd. “To me, the highlights of the year are always the performance events. To see the students excited about their music and to see how they grow from performance to performance tells me that we are doing a good thing. A student performing on stage is like icing on the cake – it’s the sweetest part of what we do. I can’t wait to see what the students do next!”
For more information about Metro Music Makers, please visit http://www.metromusicmakers.com/