Experts at the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) can spell out what these new standards will mean -
• How are pension plans currently reported?
• What will the new standards require balance sheets to show?
• When will these standards take effect?
• How will this benefit users of financial statements and taxpayers?
• Is there legislation that states can enact to get around the new standards?
A PICPA member can explain the details of these new GASB standards, how they will change the financial recording of pension plans, and how they help with transparency issues. To set up an interview with a local CPA expert, contact Kathleen Miller at email@example.com or 215-972-6188 or Jacqueline Barnard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-675-6255.