CLEVELAND – Unmatched comfort. Exceptional versatility. Team Wendy protection. After 15 years of developing leading-edge products that protect against serious and potentially life-threatening injuries, Team Wendy announces the launch of the EXFIL® Ballistic—a superior ballistic helmet for law enforcement and military operators.
The EXFIL® Ballistic is the third model in the Team Wendy EXFIL® line, following two popular non-ballistic tactical bump helmets: Carbon (released in 2012) and LTP™ (lightweight tactical polymer, released in 2013).
“We’ve taken the best features of our Carbon and LTP™ bump helmets, as well as our helmet liners and retention systems for standard ballistic helmets, and brought them together into one comprehensive ballistic helmet platform,” said Team Wendy CEO Jose Rizo-Patron. “The result is a ballistic helmet that is lightweight, customizable and easy to adjust while providing exceptional protection.”
With a complete helmet system weight of 2.6 lbs. for Size 1 and 2.75 lbs. for Size 2, a new boltless CAM FIT™ retention with Boa® closure system for optimized stability and fit, cam-lock sliders for positive locking adjustment, and a new Zorbium® impact liner with 2 full sets of comfort pads, the EXFIL® Ballistic is designed to be comfortable during extended use by military and law enforcement operators.
The EXFIL Ballistic is now available through teamwendy.com and authorized Team Wendy distributors.
EXFIL BALLISTIC: AT A GLANCE
- Ballistic Performance: NIJ Level IIIA (according to NIJ STD 0106.01 / 0108.01)
- Fragment Performance: 17gr V50 ≥ 2400 ft/sec (731 m/s)
- Blunt Impact Performance: Meets current ACH Blunt Impact Protection requirements (per AR/PD 10-02 Rev A)
Weight and Dimensions
- Shell weight: Size 1 (similar to traditional M/L) - 1.75 lbs.; Size 2 (similar to traditional XL) - 1.85 lbs.
- Complete system weight: Size 1 - 2.6 lbs.; Size 2 - 2.75 lbs. (Complete system weight includes: helmet shell, shroud, accessory rails, impact liner and retention system)
- Head circumference: Size 1 - 52-60 cm; Size 2 - 58-63 cm
- Coverage area falls between ACH/MICH mid cut and high cut
- New Boltless CAM‐FIT™ Retention System
- Zorbium® foam liner with customizable comfort pad sets in two thicknesses
- Removable center pad to easily accommodate overhead communications headsets
- Rail 2.0 Accessory Mounting System:
- Backwards compatible with all EXFIL accessories including tool-free quick release adapter, oxygen mask strap kit, goggle posts, mini-tinny and Peltor™ adapter kit
- Rear webbing slot for counterweight and goggle strap retainer
- T‐slots provide limitless custom mounting options
- Wilcox® W Shroud for NVG mounts; compatible with retractable lanyard system
- Helmet available in coyote brown, black and foliage green. Additional colors and hydrographics are available upon request.
- Website: TeamWendy.com/EXFIL
- High-resolution photos: bit.ly/TWEXFILBallisticPhotos (includes additional product shots)
- Video: bit.ly/TWEXFILBallisticVideo
ABOUT TEAM WENDY
Team Wendy develops leading-edge products that serve to protect against serious and potentially life-threatening impact related injuries. Through its long-standing partnership with the U.S. military and the National Industries for the Blind (NIB), Team Wendy has supplied our men and women in uniform with more than 6 million standard issue Zorbium® Action Pad (ZAP™) helmet pad systems since 2005. Team Wendy also actively collaborates with world-class universities and organizations to better understand the causes behind traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and to develop products that focus on addressing what actually occurs during impact.
CONNECT WITH TEAM WENDY