Albuquerque, NM (Pitch Engine) Mar. 5, 2012 Starting March 2012 Desert Health Acupuncture began offering a series of acupuncture treatments for women in and around Albuquerque that suffer from debilitating PMS. PMS, otherwise known as pre-menstrual syndrome, is the term used to describe the wide list of ailments including physical, behavioral, and emotional connected to a woman’s menstrual cycle. Five to ten days before menstruation begins the symptoms of PMS start up which are caused as it turns out from the shift of hormone levels after female ovulation. Nothing to scoffed at or trifled with PMS affects reportedly up to 82% of women that haven’t had a hysterectomy and are still in their child bearing years. Symptoms of PMS include the following:
- Pain – Swelling, puffiness, joint aches, muscle aches, breast discomfort, stiffness of the neck, and headaches
- Cognitive Functionality – Reduced cognitive ability, memory issues, word retrieval problem, and brain fog
- Fluid Metabolism – Hand/foot swelling, water weight gain, breast swelling, and bloating
- Physical Symptoms – Hot sweats, hot flashes, dizziness, problems with digestion involving constipation, stomach aches, and heart palpitations
- Behavioral Symptoms – Agitation, moodiness, no motivation, rash behavior and compulsions
- Emotional Symptoms – Crying jags, getting mad easily at little things, irritability, and melancholy
Acupuncture is a natural modality that treats PMS. It is not expensive and produces little or zero side effects. Studies have shown very good data that acupuncture has a neuroendocrine effect on the human body. Acupuncture combinations produce a release of hormones that are responsible for regulating the menstrual cycle. For women that suffer from PMS what this means is that using acupuncture can help balance the hormone levels causing problems which in turn cause the negative symptoms to decline.
Desert Health Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Clinic, and Albuquerque acupuncture clinic, is located in Albuquerque, NM near the corner of Comanche and Carlisle in the North East Heights of the city. Their address is 3500 Comanche NE, BLDG A, Suite 3, Albuquerque, NM. Dr. Abbey Theroux and Dr. Erin Keetso are D.O.M.’s and they are licensed by the State of New Mexico. The treatment chronic pain conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, back pain, pregnancy discomfort, and other maladies.
Dr. Abbey Theroux
3500 Comanche NE, Bldg A, Suite 3
Albuquerque, NM 87107