We hope we'll never need the information, but if there is an emergency with your elderly parent or relative, having this checklist readily available will make your life easier.
Health emergencies with our elders can often become complicated by the sheer number of medications, doctors, insurance coverage and degree of chronic or acute illness(es) involved. Below is a comprehensive list of information and documents to keep on hand, so you'll be prepared.
Senior Care Emergency Checklist
* Doctors' names, their specialties and phone numbers.
* List of all medications being taken and what the prescriptions are for (be sure to keep the information updated -- as the medications may change frequently).
* Medical insurance and prescription plans and identification numbers.
* Social security number -- many insurance companies won't talk to anyone without the patient's social security number.
* Durable power of attorney -- a legal document that gives someone the authority to handle legal and financial issues if your parent or elderly relative becomes incapacitated.
* Health care proxy -- a legal document that gives someone the authority to make medical decisions for your parent or elderly relative.
* Specification of your elderly parent's or relative's wishes about resuscitation orders. Do you know their wishes? Knowing this information before a crisis can be crucial to the way in which you handle the crisis.
* Basic financial records -- a list of assets, account numbers, names and contact information for financial advisors or bank representative.
* Names and addresses of people to notify in case of an emergency -- such as children, grandchildren, close friends and neighbors who might be able to help out.
* Names and contact information for local clergy, if your parent or elderly relative has a preferred religious affiliation.
This information should be placed in the home in an easy-to-find location, such as near the phone in the kitchen, or in another commonly used area, as well as given to another family
member or friend who agrees to keep a copy of the information for you.
"Learn About Senior In Home Health Care in Concord, Massachusetts
Senior Helpers Provides Many services in the Concord, Massachusetts area. We provide a full array of Home Care services for seniors and the elderly living in this beautiful area. Our Home Care Services are provided by bonded and insured employees and all employees pass a National Background check.
If you need Home Care services in Acton, Ashland, Ayer, Billerica, Bolton, Boxborough, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Concord, Devens, Dracut, Dunstable, Fayville, Framingham, Groton, Harvard, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hudson, Lincoln, Littleton, Lowell, Marlborough, Maynard, Milford, Nagog Woods, Natick, North Billerica, North Chelmsford, Pepperell, Sherborn, Southborough, Stow, Sudbury, Tewksbury, Tyngsboro, Wayland, West Groton, Westborough, Westford, Weston and the surrounding areas we are an excellent choice with impeccable references. Home Health Care for your elderly loved ones is never an easy choice but we can promise we will do our best to make it as painless as possible. From our family to yours we sincerely thank you for considering Senior Helpers of Concord Home Health Care Company. "