Meridian, Idaho - April 17, 2012 - Sierra Trading Post invites Boise-area residents to unplug and reconnect with the outdoors, April 21-28. During this weeklong celebration, outdoor entusiasts can participate in a new event each day.
"Every once in a while, we should allow ourselves to disconnect and enjoy the outdoors without distraction," says Sherrie Aulbach, Boise Outlet Store manager. "For one week, we're encouraging people to unplug from TV, video games and mobile devices, and join us for workshops, scavenger hunts and the Sierra Trading Post Fun Run at Settlers Park. It's all about celebrating the outdoor lifestyle."
Authors and outdoor experts Steve Stuebner and Scott Merchant, along with knowledgeable gear experts from Sierra Trading Post, will lead seminars at the Boise Outlet Store (530 E. Sonata Lane) on various outdoor-themed topics. All events are free and open to the public.
Highlights of the Unplug and Be Outside Events include:
- Saturday, April 21 - Sierra Trading Post Geocaching Scavenger Hunt (throughout the Boise area): Pick up information and coordinates at the outlet store beginning April 21. Find your caches and turn in your form by 11:30 a.m. Saturday, April 28 to be entered into a drawing for a $250 gift card.
- Sunday, April 22 - Casting & Fly-Tying Clinic, outlet store (2-3 pm)
- Monday, April 23 - Flatwater Kayaking Basics with Steve Stuebner, outlet store (6-7 pm)
- Tuesday, April 24 - Local Hikes & Backpack Fitting with Scott Merchant, outlet store (6-7 pm)
- Wednesday, April 25 - Fly Fishing Basics, outlet store (6-7 pm)
- Thursday, April 26 - Flatwater Kayaking Basics with Steve Stuebner, outlet store (6-7 pm)
- Friday, April 27 - Sierra Trading Post Fun Run, Settlers Park Shelter #1 (6 pm). Enter to win great prizes from Sierra Trading Post.
- Saturday, April 28 - Camping Expo: An outdoor extravaganza with workshops on how to build fires, tent set-up and regional camping opportunities, outlet store, (10 am - 4 pm)
Headquartered in Cheyenne, Wyo., Sierra Trading Post is a Top 100 Internet retailer known across the globe for offering "Great Deals. Great Brands." Sierra Trading Post purchases overstocks, closeouts and 2nds from more than 2,000 brand names, and offers customers 35-70% savings every day. Founded in 1986, the company has saved customers more than $3.5 billion off retail prices on outdoor gear, shoes, clothing, accessories and home furnishings. Sierra Trading Post has four outlet stores in Boise, Idaho; Reno, Nev.; Cheyenne and Cody, Wyo. as well as a Technology Campus in Fort Collins, Colo.