CLEVELAND – Skoda Minotti is pleased to announce the acquisition of Core Information Management, Inc. As a part of the acquisition, Joseph Compton, CISSP, CISA joins the firm as principal in charge of Skoda Minotti Financial Institution Services Group.
“Joe has spent the last 15 years helping clients in the financial institution industry solve compliance and security management challenges and has developed a very specific skill set that can benefit our current financial institution clients and contacts as well as financial institutions all across the country,” said Skoda Minotti chairman Greg Skoda, CPA. “As a firm, we continue to actively seek out merger and acquisition partners across all of our business lines from accounting and tax, information technology and marketing to asset management businesses.”
Compton’s experience includes work for financial institutions of every size, and he conducts IT security audits and SOX testing engagements.
“Skoda Minotti Financial Institution Services offers community banks and credit unions an unparalleled suite of services specifically tailored to their exact needs,” Compton said.
Skoda Minotti Financial Institution Services provides a wide range of solutions specifically tailored to community banks and credit unions:
- IT Security Testing
- IT Security Planning
- Technology Assessments and IT Strategic Planning
- Business Continuity Planning
- GLBA Compliance Review
- IT Security Awareness Training
- Fractional CIO/CISO Services
- SSAE 16 Audits and SOC Reporting
- Accounting and Auditing
- Tax Planning and Preparation
- Professional Staffing
About Joseph Compton
Compton is an active speaker at state and national bank conventions, national training seminars, and colleges. Most recently, he developed an online Business Continuity Planning seminar for Bankinfosecurity.com, a leading source of regulatory information and training for community bankers. Compton stays current in the field with coursework from the SANS Institute and ISACA; both are recognized internationally as providers of world class IT security and IT audit training. He is also an active member of the Northeast Ohio ISACA chapter (the Information Systems Audit and Control Association), he is a member of the SANS Institute’s advisory board, and a member of the Cleveland chapter of Infragard. Finally, Compton is a senior analyst in Wikistrat’s Analytic Community – “A Global Marketplace of Geopolitical Analysis”.
Compton is both a CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) and a CISSP (Certified Information Security Professional). Both Certifications are ANSI and ISO accredited, and each require 40 hours of continuing education each year to remain in good standing.
About Skoda Minotti
Skoda Minotti (www.skodaminotti.com, 888-201-4484) is a CPA, business and financial advisory firm that is focused on assisting clients grow their businesses. The firm provides a range of services, including: accounting and tax , business advisory , business valuations , financial services , information technology , litigation advisory , strategic marketing , professional staffing , small business services and telecom solutions . Clients of the firm range from closely-held businesses to public companies, from individuals and partnerships to corporations, trusts and estates. Skoda Minotti is an independent member of the BDO Seidman Alliance which offers resources and technical expertise to clients through over 360 locations across the United States and over 600 locations internationally.
- Inc. 500 List of fastest growing private companies
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies Hall of Fame
- Weatherhead 100 Award for outstanding growth companies in Northeast Ohio
- Recognized by Inside Public Accounting as one of the country’s best managed accounting firms
- Crain’s Cleveland Business Cool Places to Work Award
- Multiple-time winner of NorthCoast 99 Award honoring the best workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio
- Multiple-time - NEO Success Award winner for top public, private and emerging companies in Northeast Ohio
- Multiple-time World Class Customer Service Award winner
- Multiple-time Practical Accountant’s Practice Innovation Award winner
- Multiple-time Pillar Award for Community Service winner
- INSIDE Public Accounting Top 200 Accounting Firms