The dehumidifiers may overheat, smoke, melt, and catch fire, according to the Associated Press (AP).
The company received 107 reports of incidents involving the recalled product. Three of those cases were for injuries related to smoke inhalation. The reports include more than $7 million in property damage, according to the AP.
The dehumidifiers were manufactured by LG Electronics from 2003 to 2005 and were sold in 35, 50, and 70 pint versions at Sears and Kmart stores as well as on the Internet.
If you or a loved one has been harmed by an unsafe product, contact Sokolove Law for a free legal consultation and to find out if a product liability lawyer may be able to help you. For legal help, call (800) 581-6358.