Electronic Cigarette Explodes in Man's Face

A man is recovering in a burn center from severe injuries to his upper body after an electronic cigarette he was using exploded in his face.

According to ABC News, 57-year-old Tom Holloway was smoking an electronic cigarette when it suddenly exploded in his mouth. The explosion reportedly knocked out all of his teeth and damaged part of his tongue. He is currently recovering from his injuries at a local burn center.

Electronic cigarettes, or E-cigarettes, have become popular among people who wish to use them as a way to kick their smoking habits. The devices are battery operated and stimulate smoking a real cigarette by its appearance, physical sensation and flavor.

Despite their popularity, E-cigarettes are still not regulated by the FDA.

If you or a loved one has been harmed by an unsafe medical product, contact Sokolove Law for a free legal consultation and to find out if a product liability lawyer may be able to help you and represent your case.