Fentanyl Patch Causes Toddler's Death

A toddler died a shocking death after accidental exposure to adhesive patches that contain a painkiller that may be dangerous if not disposed of appropriately.

Blake Seamonson was only two-years-old when he swallowed a fentanyl patch during a visit at the Wisconsin nursing home of his great-grandmother. He died about three days after coming into contact with it and his parents have since filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the nursing home for not properly disposing of the drug, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

In April, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an alert about the danger of fentanyl patches in response to the child’s death. The alert cited 26 known cases of accidental exposure to fentanyl patches among children in the last 15 years, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

If you or your child has been harmed by a Duragesic Patch or another dangerous drug, contact Sokolove Law for a free legal consultation and to find out if a dangerous drug lawyer be able to help you. For legal help, call (800) 581-6358.