The Jimmy John’s food chain has been sued for a second time regarding the E. colioutbreak linked to raw sprouts that it used in sandwiches.
According to MSNBC, 23-year-old Mollie Horton of Iowa is the second person to sue the chain. She claims that she become ill on December 26, 2011, several days after eating a sandwich from a Jimmy John’s party platter.
The product liability lawsuit claims that Horton had to be hospitalized for three days and was sick for weeks after being released. Medical testing confirmed that she become ill from the same strain of E. coli that sickened 12 people in five different U.S. states.
If you or a loved one has been harmed by an unsafe food product, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact Sokolove Law for a free legal consultation and to learn about your options.