1-Day Diabetic menu planning
Below we had made a “1-day’ sample of a diabetic menu plan to give you an idea about the “ideal” way of making your healthy diabetic menu plan so if you’re ready, here it is.
* Breakfast (360 calories of healthy carbohydrates)
* 1 piece of toasted "wheat" bread together with 1 teaspoon "non-fat" butter
* 1/4 cup of medium-sized egg
* 1/2 cup of oatmeal
* 1/2 cup skim milk
* 1/2 regular-sized banana
* Lunch (535 calories of healthy carbohydrates)
* 1 cup of organic vegetable soup, along with 4-6 crackers
* 1 chicken sandwich (2 slices of whole-wheat bread, 1 ounce chicken and 1 ounce non-fat cheese, 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise)
* 1 regular-size apple
* Dinner (635 calories of healthy carbohydrates)
* 4 oz. broiled chicken with oregano and basil sprinkled at the top
* 2/3 cup of cooked "brown" rice
* 1/2 cup of half-cooked carrots
* 1 small whole-grain dinner roll, and 1 teaspoon butter
* Tossed salad having 2 tablespoons of low-fat salad dressing
* 4 "unsweetened" apricot halves, or if you want you can substitute it with 1 slice of angel food-cake.
* Snacks (Each of the snacks listed below contains 60 calories of healthy carbohydrate. You may choose 2 snacks each day.)
* 16 pieces “fat-free” tortilla or corn chips with tomato salsa
* 1/2 cup “artificially” sweetened cake pudding
* 1 oz. string cheese, and one regular-sized fruit
* 3 cups of light popcorn.
The menu that we have provided above is only a “sample” menu to give you a head-start when you plan to do your diabetes diet plan. However, we still encourage you to ask the permission of your doctor or nutritionist for you to have the exact and accurate diabetic diet plan that will help you in managing your condition.
If you’re making your own portion control plates, stay away from simple sugars like candies, sweet desserts, processed sweetened fruits and some other foods that are made from refined sugar. You should stay as well in foods that contain a high amount of fats, especially foods with “saturated” fats. Remember this information when doing your foods for diabetics, and for sure, you won’t go wrong.
Typefreediabetes offers a full line of Body Fat Scales, including bladder control pads; insulin pumps for diabetics, automatic digital blood pressure monitor, Glucose Test Strips, durable diabetes medical equipment, diabetes nutritional supplements, automatic blood pressure monitor and many other home health care products and supplies. Typefreediabetes offers quality products at discounted prices on a wide selection of quality name brand equipment and supplies.
Check out also for Mens Diabetic Shoes and Glucose Supplements