Building your personal brand, finding jobs in fields with significant growth projections or enhancing your ability to advance in your current job all will be presented at a free Open House and workshop on Tuesday, March 20, presented by UCLA Extension in downtown Los Angeles.
UCLA Extension also will unveil its “New Career in Just One Year” program designed to help mid-career professionals discover how to transfer their talents and experience into a new field, quickly earn certificates and apply these updated skills to jump-start a new employment path.
The Open House will kick off with a “Building Your Personal Brand” presentation by Nance Rosen, named "America’s Job Coach" by CNBC. Rosen will offer tips to help individuals discover powerful secrets about personal branding that can help them invigorate or reinvent their career.
The Open House begins at 5:30 p.m. with the brief keynote speech at 6 p.m. at UCLA Extension’s Figueroa Courtyard facility, 261 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90071. All career workshops and panels are free, but registration is encouraged as these programs can reach capacity. Registration can be completed online under the “workshop” tab at: www.uclaextension.edu/openhouse.
Most workshops will include a panel of experts for a particular field of study, as well as real-life experiences and best-practices from recent UCLA Extension graduates. Workshops and panels include:
- Patient Advocacy: A panel will discuss the current health care system and the rapidly growing field of patient advocacy.
- Global Sustainability Certificate: In this growing job sector, recent graduates will discuss how they became leaders in their company's or community's green initiatives and offer tips on how designers, educators, technology professionals, lawyers, and others can contribute to a greener world.
- Career Opportunities in the Financial Field: Contrary to popular belief, there are jobs in this field. The panel will review current employment trends in accounting and finance.
- Managing Water Resources with Sustainable Landscaping: Learn how architects and engineers are working to manage water resources, using appropriate native plants, low-impact development, and appropriate site planning and infrastructure design.
- Careers in Construction Management & Project Management: Experts will provide a thorough review of how certificates can give individuals the right tools and knowledge needed to become a more effective project manager. This program is suitable for anyone in government and such industries as banking, construction, defense, entertainment, health, information technology, and more.
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management: UCLA Extension is launching a new certificate program in this field with application for both the private sector and public agencies.
- Getting Your Creative Writing Published: Learn how, in this changing literary marketplace, to be a better self-advocate, have a winning strategy, and write quality work. This panel features established authors.
About UCLA Extension
UCLA Extension is the continuing education division of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). We offer courses evenings and weekends in Westwood and downtown Los Angeles, plus online classes available around the globe. Courses include business, arts, engineering, information technology, entertainment studies, public policy, public health, the humanities and more. Explore UCLA Extension: uclaextension.edu.
# # #