According to the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, spending in the summer travel season is expected to increase. With an already lucrative $12.1 billion market in 2009, competition to attract eager vacationers in 2010 is fierce. At this month's event, a panel of five Wisconsin tourism professionals will discuss how their organizations are integrating social media into marketing to boost awareness and attendance at special events, generate excitement about tourism destinations and increase revenue.
Panelists will include:
- Kim Sippola, Marketing Manager, Outagamie County Regional Airport (@ATWairport)
- Dick Knapinski, Director of Corporate Communications, EAA (@EAAUpdate)
- Trina Sankey, Direct Marketing Manager, Travel Guard (@TravelGuard)
- Pam Seidl, Director of Marketing & Community Relations, Fox Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau (@foxcitiescvb)
- Stephen Kastner, Editor, Door County Style Magazine (@DoorCounty)
Date: Tuesday, June 15
Time: 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Sponsor and Location: Outagamie County Regional Airport (ATW), located at the ATW Public Safety Building
Interview opportunities: Founders of the New North Social Media breakfast, featured panelists and local professionals
The event is sponsored by the Outagamie County Regional Airport (ATW), an organization that has been successful in using Twitter and Facebook connect with travelers and promote announcements, such as its "Destination Denver" campaign to promote United Airlines direct flights from Appleton to Denver.
Background:The New North Social Media Breakfast was founded in March 2009 by Dana VanDenHeuvel of Marketing Savant in partnership with Weidert Group, Inc. and Element Creative. The group of local professionals meet monthly, rotating between Green Bay and Appleton locations, to discuss how social media is impacting their businesses. The event is free and open to anyone who wishes to attend. More information can be found on the New North Social Media Breakfast website.