WHISTLER, BC, April 19, 2012 – Spring skiing and riding may still be going strong at Whistler Blackcomb but mountain bike enthusiasts are eagerly awaiting the opening of the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, scheduled for Friday, May 18, 2012. As of April 16 those enthusiasts are one step closer to being able to ride the Whistler Mountain Bike Park as early bird Season Passes, Triple Play Cards, and the new Twilight Triple Play Pass went on sale.
“Whistler Mountain Bike Park is opening its first alpine single track trail, Top of the World, from the Peak of Whistler Mountain this year and it is going to be an incredible season.” says Brian Finestone, Bike Park manager for Whistler Blackcomb. “We are also opening a few other new trails this year as well as offering a new Twilight Triple Play Pass. The trails may still be covered in snow but we have one of the most dedicated trail crews ready to start clearing the snow on April 23 and no one is more excited for opening day than us.
Bike Park Season Pass
Price: Early Bird April 16-May 31 $499 (CDN plus tax); Regular $549 (CDN plus tax)
- Unlimited riding from May–October
Early Bird Incentives:
- One free Peak Ride ticket. The Peak Ride ticket gives riders the opportunity to experience Whistler Mountain Bike Park’s new alpine trail named Top of the World. Top of The World begins at the top of the peak chair and offers riders a total of over 4,900 feet of vertical.
- Purchase before May 31 and receive an early season bring-a-friend Whistler Bike Park ticket valid until June 22
- Save $50 off the regular price Bike Park Season Pass if purchased before May 31
Triple Play Card
Price: $139 (CDN plus tax)
- Three full days in the Whistler Bike Park
Early Bird Incentives:
- Purchase before May 31 and receive an additional early season Whistler Bike Park day for use before June 22
- Load an additional three days on to the Triple Play Card for $99 (CDN plus tax) if purchased before May 31
Twilight Triple Play Pass
Price: $249 (CDN plus tax)
- Three full days in the Whistler Bike Park and unlimited riding any day after 5pm from June 16-September 3
Early Bird Incentives:
- Purchase a Twilight Triple Play Pass before May 31 and receive and additional early season Whistler Bike Park day valid until June 22
- Load an additional three full days onto the Twilight Triple Play Card before May 31 for only $99 (CDN plus tax).
Guests who purchase a Season Pass, Twilight Triple Play Pass or a Triple Play Card are also eligible for additional season long discounts including 15 per cent off food at the Garibaldi Lift Co. (GLC), 20 per cent off food at the Roundhouse Lodge, 20 per cent off retail at Garbanzo Bike & Bean, and 20 per cent off rentals at both the Garbanzo Bike and Bean and the Whistler Mountain Bike Park Demo Centre. Guests looking to purchase a pass or card product can visit whistlerblackcomb.com/bike or call 1-800-766-0449.
Between now and the August 10-19 Whistler Crankworx there are plenty of exciting bike related things to get involved with including the Whistler premier of “Strength In Numbers” taking place at the conference center on May 18th as well as The Crud 2 Mud Downhill race which will be back again on May 27, 2012 with registration beginning on April 25, 2012. Full event details are available at Whistlerbike.com/events.
Despite May 18 quickly approaching, skiers and riders can continue to enjoy one of the snowiest winter seasons on record. Winter operations continue through to April 22 on Whistler Mountain and May 28 on Blackcomb Mountain. More information on the weather conditions and spring accommodation deals and packages can be found by visiting http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com.
Still photography available for download: http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/photo/index.htm
About Whistler Blackcomb
Whistler Blackcomb, the official alpine skiing venue for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, is situated in the Resort Municipality of Whistler located in the Coast Mountains of British Columbia 125 kilometres (78 miles) from Vancouver, British Columbia. North America’s premier four season mountain resort, Whistler and Blackcomb are two side-by-side mountains which combined offer over 200 marked runs, over 8,000 acres of terrain, 16 alpine bowls, three glaciers, receives on average over 1,090 centimetres (430 inches) of snow annually, and one of the longest ski seasons in North America. In the summer, Whistler Blackcomb offers a variety of activities, including hiking and biking trails, the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, and sightseeing on the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola.
For more information, visit http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/media
Proud to be a venue for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
Get Social with Whistler Blackcomb: Find our online communities by visiting
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/movement. You can also find Whistler Blackcomb on Facebook at Facebook.com/whistlerblackcomb, follow us on Twitter at @whistlerblckcmb and become our friend on Foursquare.