Re-engineering the American home is one of Dorn Homes's priorities in home building. Dorn Homes is committed to creating Arizona green custom homes that help homeowners save money on utility bills while helping protect the environment. All our homes in Prescott, homes in Tubac, homes in Green Valley , homes in Oro Valley and homes in Tucson exceed the most stringent standards set by the US Government's Energy Star Program. As proof of its commitment, Dorn-built homes are backed by a 10-year extended warranty.
Here are some of the reasons why a Dorn home is 53-70% more energy efficient than an average home :
- Programmable thermostats – The programmable thermostats of a Dorn-built home reduce usage of energy by adjusting the temperature according to a series of programmed settings that take effect at different times of the day. Dorn's integrated Building Science system boasts of a 14 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) air conditioning unit in Southern Arizona and a 13 SEER air conditioning unit in Prescott. The high SEER rating of a unit means it has greater efficiency and lower operating costs.
- Highly efficient appliances – Dorn-built homes have an Energy Star dishwasher and make use of compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. CFL bulbs use 75% less energy and last 10 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
- Convenient and efficient ventilation system – Dorn Homes's Fresh Air Intake and Full Home Ventilation System keeps an indoor environment that contains healthy fresh air, less dust, fewer odors, and remarkably comfortable and consistent temperatures. Say goodbye to hot and cold rooms due to poor air flow.
- Economical windows – Oversized windows allow better appreciation of Arizona’s incredible views and enable more light to come in. More light lessens the need to turn on the lights during the day. These dual pane, low E, vinyl high performance windows prevent heat and ultra-violet (UV) rays from passing through the glass. They are able to reduce energy loss by as much as 30-50% than average windows. The special windows also improve indoor insulation and sound transfer reduction.
- Systematic plumbing – Dorn-built homes use Arizona’s abundant sunlight to good use. Homes are installed with solar hot water systems consisting of an 80-gallon hot water heater with a closed loop system and a 95% efficient electric backup to ensure a consistent stream of fresh hot water. To reduce water consumption, water conserving toilets, faucets, and shower heads are used. Dorn-built homes also feature PEX plumbing water lines because these do not experience corrosion or pitting, and decrease potential maintenance and repair costs. They are also significantly quieter than copper piping and reduce the amount of heat loss from water in the piping.
Apart from Dorn Homes’s quality craftsmanship, its green philosophy positions it as the best among home builders in Arizona. Make the smart choice today. Choose from the great options for Dorn-built homes in Tubac, homes in Green Valley, homes in Tucson, and homes in Prescott.