Here are the types of golf clubs, their features and function:
- Driver – The driver is the biggest and longest golf club. It is used for teeing off and is designed to give your shot the maximum distance. The shaft is usually made of steel, graphite or fiberglass while the head is made of lightweight titanium to keep it light compared to its size.
- Woods – Traditionally, they are made of wood, but now they are made of stainless steel. Their head shape is similar to the driver, but much smaller in size. They also deliver shots that have a higher trajectory, but have a shorter distance than the driver. They are used for fairway shots and sometimes for tee shots when you need more control.
- Hybrids – Hybrids are a cross between woods and irons. Their heads are shaped similar to woods, but they have shorter shafts like the irons. They can be used for long shots on the rough, and can replace longer, less-lofted irons.
- Irons – Irons are used for hitting shots from the fairway to the green. They are numbered from 3 to 9, with the higher numbers producing shorter and more lofted shots.
- Wedge – A wedge is typically used to get your ball out of the sand bunkers. They have the most amount of loft to give your shot the needed bounce and higher trajectory.
- Putter – The putter is used to roll the ball on the green and put it into the hole. Most putters have a short shaft, as shots on the green require the most control. The club head has a flat face and has a vertical lie to keep the ball from bouncing as you hit it.
Knowing which clubs to match your abilities is an important skill in golf. The hotel resorts in Arizona are great places to challenge you and your clubs. The Canoa Ranch and Resort in Green Valley can get you access to two championship golf courses where you can test your clubs. Avail Arizona golf packages for an affordable golf adventure. Canoa Ranch offers the best golf vacation packages in AZ where you can surely get your money's worth.