Author: Nick Mueller, Zetta.net
The team at Computer Technology Review recently asked us to contribute an article about web-based Disaster Recovery services. The article is online now and covers why DR is important for mid-sized businesses, the 3 essential elements of these services, and the 7 specific must-have features.
The Key Takeaways:
- DR is important for mid-size businesses because they lack the resources of large enterprises so they need something that combines the ease of consumer online backup with enterprise-grade features.
- The 3 essential elements of DR are: data granularity, no on-premise appliance, and client side flexibility
- The 7 features of the best DR solutions are: multi-platform support, ease of set up, web-based access, ease of recovery, end-user recovery, lightweight software agents, and automatic validation
What didn’t get addressed in the article is the tendency of IT teams to put off implementing a real DR strategy. Even though data loss events are constantly making headlines and natural disasters continue their predictable unpredictability, a comprehensive – and tested – plan to recover data is not in place in 47% of mid-sized businesses.
Why do so many companies delay disaster preparations? Maybe because it’s hard to imagine how easily you can get data securely offsite without trying it. With Zetta, it takes 10 minutes and you’ll see the benefits immediately.
Here’s the quickest way to get started:
1. Head over to the 15-day Free Trial page and register
2. Choose a subset of data to test – your My Documents folder for example
3. Watch how fast that data gets to Zetta’s secure data centers using WebDAV
4. Try a test recovery and see how quickly that same data would be recovered in a disaster
5. Add more data to your volume as time, effort, and the budget allows
Complete these 5 steps and your company’s data will be immediately protected in an enterprise-grade data center and available for instant restoration should you ever need it. According the analysts at Aberdeen, mid-size businesses experience an average of 3.5 data disaster events per year, so chances are you’ll need it sooner rather than later.
Nick is Zetta's Corporate Reporter, and has been writing and telling stories about technology with blogs, social media, and content marketing since the days when the BBS reigned.
Tweet this: @ZettaNet Article - Implement a Practical Web-based #DR Strategy in 10 minutes - http://bit.ly/IHovJc
URLs embedded in this article
• Backup as a Service: Unearthing the Most Practical, Web-based DR Solutions: http://bit.ly/IpQN8P
• Multi-Platform Backups: http://bit.ly/IHh34N
• Health Net Discloses Loss of Data to 1.9 Million Customers: http://bit.ly/dEcHrz
• 57% of SMBs Have No Disaster Recovery Plan: http://bit.ly/juhwvK
• 15-Day Free Trial: http://bit.ly/IItHNi
• WebDAV: http://bit.ly/t1CHW
• Why Mid-Sized Enterprises Need Enterprise Grade Disaster Recovery:
For parties interested in online backup, data protection, disaster recovery, cloud backup, online data backup, online server backup, enterprise online backup, server backup, cloud server backup.