How to Choose Wedding Photography Locations in Brisbane
A Professional Photographer should be able to take terrific pictures in any location in any conditions. This was told to me by an Australian Wedding Photographer of the Year. This is a bold statement for any photographer to make and is completely right; I like to add to it 'within reason'.
Wet weather wedding location plan
Many weddings are now held at all in one venues, which can make it really easy to organise, if you have planned an outside wedding and it looks rainy, they always have an inside alternative. Or a wedding is generally inside if it is at a Church, so that is the ceremony covered. The best spontaneous wet weather venue, for wet weather photography, I have heard of was IKEA in Brisbane and by all accounts I have heard, it went very well. Other places can include, public buildings, building foyers, UQ, cafes, Myer Centre, a random pergola. No one will stop a Bride & Groom on their wedding day; I haven't seen anyone do it yet, so you can get away with a bit.
Some wedding photography locations are better than others. A location with variety is the best; it means you can have a few different looks and settings with your location photography. If you a planning a posh wedding album this is very important. You need to find locations that are not too far from your Ceremony venue, that have a range of different possibilities.
Wedding locations in Brisbane that are like this are, but not limited to:
- New Farm Park
- The Power House (located at New Farm Park)
- Brisbane City Botanic Gardens
- Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens and the Summit
- Newstead Park
- Wharf Street Pier - Sandgate Pier
- The Brisbane points. Sandgate is one of my favourites, as it has a jetty, beach, rocks and lots of different possibilities and textures, including sunset if you plan things right.
Great all in one Brisbane wedding venues
- Glengariff Historic Homestead at Samford
- Woodlands of Marburg- Sirromet Winery
- O'Reilly's Winery Canungra- The Landing at Dockside (Brisbane River near city, near to Storey Bridge.)
- Topiaries at Beaumont Samford
- Sails Restaurant and Function Centre Suttons Beach Redcliffe
- Find a photographer that includes engagement photography in their packages, is one of the great ways to test drive a wedding photography location.
- Go for Sunday drives with some lunch and check places out.
- Have a plan of where your photographic location will be.
- Ask your photographer what is near-by to your wedding reception and ceremony venues.