Guests advised to download new smartphone app for ultimate festival experience
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (June 8, 2017) – People traveling to Boulevardia June 16 and 17 can now download a mobile app for iPhones and Androids to help them plan what sites and entertainment they’ll see while at the unique two-day urban street festival. The app provides a wealth of information including maps, band schedules, news as it happens and a personal tasting journal, as well as easy ways to post and share your adventures, beers and pictures on social media outlets. In addition, it houses Boulevardia’s Treasure Hunt experience. Organizers recommend to check the Apple App Store and Google Play to download the updated app prior to attending Boulevardia.
Features of the app include:
- Opt-in to push notifications for instant info about bands, vendors, special happenings and more
- A map to all pints (and points) of interest
- Lineups for all areas of the festival
- Complete schedule and set times of bands on all three stages
- Create your own personalized itinerary for the weekend
- Comprehensive list of beers available throughout festival grounds
- A favorites function allows users to create a wish list of beers to try
- Users can track beers they’ve sampled and record tasting adventures and check-in via Untappd
- Snap and post pictures of your adventures at Boulevardia
- Participate in the Treasure Hunt experience
The Treasure Hunt gives participants tasks to visit specific areas of the fest, answer fun trivia questions about what resides within Boulevardia, capture and share pictures of their adventure and much more in an effort to earn points and win fun prizes and mementos. Prizes include a Big Green Egg MiniMax and carrier, Boulevard lighted sign, autographed Sporting Kansas City ball, Chiptole catering experience for 20 and more!
A hotel partnership has been established to assist with traveler accommodations. The Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown - Aladdin has rooms at $139 per night, which includes two complimentary Boulevardia General Admission tickets for each night booked. Tickets can be used for a day of the guest’s choice. Booking details can be found on the Boulevardia website.
The two-day urban street festival is scheduled to take place June 16-17 in Kansas City’s Stockyards District which is the area surrounding the Livestock Exchange Building. The multi-day event will be highlighted with a craft beer and food sampling experience, music from local, regional and national acts as well as family activities, entertainment, shopping and eco-education in a unique urban setting. Learn more at boulevardia.com, facebook.com/boulevardia, twitter.com/Blvdia and instagram.com/blvdia.
# # #