(Jackson, Wyo.) - A Chicago Iron is the suspected cause of the O'Ryan Cleaners fire that erupted late last night
"A large piece of equipment called a Chicago Iron, was heavily used during
the day. The most probable cause of the fire was continued heating of
combustibles in the area of the iron leading to smoldering and then
ignition of combustibles," said Kathy Clay, the Battalion Chief Fire
Marshal for Jackson Hole Fire/EMS.
According to Clay, the cleaners suffered fire damage in this back room and
heavy smoke damage throughout their store. Various degrees of smoke damage
was caused throughout the entire strip mall from the smoke traveling
through the open attic space, the over walkway covering and possibly
through HVAC systems pushing outside smoke inside.
"My heart goes out to the folks at O’Ryans Cleaners. This is a lousy way to
end the year for all the business affected," said Clay.
Watch a video of the firefighters battling the blaze here
*Feature Photo: Photo of a burned and broken window taken this morning at
O'Ryan Cleaners / Pitchengine Communities photo*