(Jackson, Wyo.) - Yesterday, a group of international judges announced the winners of the 2016 U.S. Open Beer Championship
Brewing placed second.
Firestone Walker Brewing from Paso Robles, CA was named Grand National
Champion by winning three gold medals, one silver medal and a bronze. Their
three beers that were awarded gold medals were Union Jack IPA, Double Jack
Melvin Brewing placed second while Cigar City Brewing from Tampa, Florida
took home third.
Here are the top 10 breweries for 2016:
1. Firestone Walker Brewing – California
2. Melvin Brewing(Jackson) – Wyoming
3. Cigar City Brewing – Florida
4. Red Hare Brewing – Georgia
5. Cherry Street Brewing Cooperative – Georgia
6. Brew Bus Brewing – Florida
7. Track 7 Brewing – California
8. Guadalupe Brewing – Texas
9. Latitude 42 Brewing – Michigan
10. Elm City Brewing – New Hampshire
Breweries from Maui to Munich sent in almost 5,000 beers representing more
than 90 different styles for the 2016 U.S. Open Beer Championship. This
competition includes professional breweries and award-winning home-brewers.
U.S. Open judges hailed from England, Canada and the United States.
Judging in the U.S. Open Beer Championships is blind; the judges do not
know what beers they are tasting. The final round of judging was held at
the Quarter Barrel Brewery & Pub in Oxford, Ohio.
See the full list of winners here.
*Feature Photo: Melvin Brewing at the World Beer Cup. h/t Patrick Shehan
/ Melvin Brewing *