Cafe Trio to offer couples a special four-course menu on Valentine’s Day
The menu for 2 will be available on Feb. 14 starting at 5 p.m.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Feb. 4, 2020) – Cafe Trio Executive Chef Logan Miller will feature a Valentine’s dinner menu for two on Friday, Feb. 14 starting at 5 p.m. The special menu includes four courses, two of which diners will share, for $59.95 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Optional wine pairings for each course will also be available for $29 per person.
Cafe Trio’s regular dinner menu will not be available on Valentine’s Day.
Reservations can be made by online here or by calling 816-756-3227.
Cafe Trio Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe Dinner Menu*
Choose one to share
- Oysters – Half-shell of Rockefeller Style, fresh lemon, mignonette, radicchio bed
- Foie Gras – Mousse, house crostini, poached green apple
- Crab Cake – Red pepper coulis, micro basil
- Winter Salad – Winter greens, candied apple, Green Dirt Farms goat cheese, pomegranate and cranberry dressing
- Roasted Beet and Squash Salad – Golden and red beet, butternut squash, walnuts, arugula, sherry vinaigrette
- Lobster Bisque – House gougères, basil oil, crispy pancetta
- Short Ribs – 12-hour slow braised beef short ribs, sweet corn bisque, garlic mashed potato, haricot verts, beef demi
- Diver Scallops – Winter squash risotto, fried sweet potato chips, dill, brown butter
- Salmon – Roasted Romanesco broccoli, brown rice, asparagus puree, beurre rouge
- Lamb Shank – Braised lamb shank, pan jus, sweet potato mash, greens, bacon, cranberry
- Mac Daddy – Creamy gourmet mac and cheese, smokehouse bacon, scallions, bell pepper, cherry tomato
- Country Chicken – Campo Lindo chicken, horseradish mashed potato, braised greens, gravy, house hot sauce
- Seafood Lasagna – Shrimp, Crab, Bay Scallops, fontina and ricotta cheeses with wilted greens, marinara
- Squid Ink Pasta – Spicy house red sauce, sun-dried tomato, little neck clams, mussel, bay scallop, fine herb
- Vegetable Ratatouille – Tomato, eggplant, squash, zucchini, red onions, stewed and roasted over wild rice
- Surf and Turf (Add $19) – Hand-cut choice filet, twin pan-seared scallops, mushroom risotto, asparagus
Choose one to share
- Flourless Chocolate Cake – Raspberry and red wine reduction, whipped cream, candied mint
- Coffee Cake – Spiced black walnut, salted caramel, espresso anglaise
- Tuxedo Strawberries
Café Trio is located at 4558 Main Street, Kansas City, MO.
*Menu subject to change based on availability of ingredients.
About Cafe Trio
Hip & glamorous, Cafe Trio blends outstanding cuisine and cocktails for an award winning “Come as you are” casual fine dining experience offering the perfect “Trio” of great Local Food, Art and Live Music. The Starlet Lounge at Café Trio evokes a bygone era complete with Hollywood Starlets and the always playing classic movie with specialty martinis, traditional cocktails and an extensive list of wine and beer with live music Tuesday through Saturday. The large outdoor terrace offers one of kind views of the Country Club Plaza & J.C. Nichols Fountain. Executive Chef Logan Miller uses a cornucopia of local and regional produce and artisan ingredients for a very well curated menu. And if you’re planning a larger event, Trio’s two Private Dining Rooms are just the ticket for the perfect party. Expect to be greeted with a smile by both the staff & owners, Tai and Chris. Cafe Trio is one of Kansas City's most popular restaurants awarded multiple Kansas City “Best Of” designations including “Best Overall Restaurant”. For more information, visit CafeTrioKC.com.
# # #