(Gillette, Wyo.) - Campbell County Health's Heptner Cancer Center staff got together recently to create a Halloween-focused twist to breast cancer awareness this October!
Leigh Worsley, Heptner Cancer Center's manager, constructed a Don't be Scared to Touch the Booo-bies educational board featuring a curvy ghost and some tidbits focused on breast cancer awareness. The effort is one of many activities that CCH is participating in to help Paint Gillette Pink, a movement supported by the Campbell County Healthcare Foundation’s Cancer Care Committee. For those who can’t see the board, we’ve included the tidbits for you to read in a recent blog, Don't be scared to touch the BOOOO-bies.
CCH wants to remind you that it’s not too late to help Paint Gillette Pink! Here’s a few ways you can show your support:
- You can help “Paint Gillette Pink” by purchasing a window or car decal, or yard sign showing your support. Visit the Paint Gillette Pink Facebook page to order “Paint Gillette Pink” items, www.facebook.com/Paintgillettepink.
- Patronize the Prime Rib Restaurant and Wine Cellar, Old Chicago Gillette, or Buffalo Wild Wings and ‘round up’ your bill for donation to the Cancer Care Committee.
- Purchase pink athletic gear at Universal Athletic Gillette.
- The Coffee Shoppe at CCMH will also have a pink donation jar, so you can put the change from your cup of coffee to work to help others; or look for Paint Gillette Pink donation jars at gas stations and other businesses around town.
- The Gift Shoppe at CCH is selling pink ribbon compression socks and other pink ribbon merchandise. (Compression socks are great for those who spend a lot of time on their feet, as they help alleviate tired, achy legs and feet.)
- The first 700 fans at the October 21 Campbell County High School Camel football game will receive a pink rally towel, sponsored by CCH. The Camel players will be decked out in pink socks to show their support.
- And, join us for a PINK Out Day on Friday, October 28 to support efforts to end breast cancer forever!
Follow CCH on Facebook.