Ravens join CommunicAID & Paul’s Place to help support Baltimore's homelessQuotesGive back to the Baltimore community and buy your ticket to the game today!
Baltimore Nonprofits Recruit Ravens to Fight Homeless
Ravens join CommunicAID & Paul’s Place to help support Baltimore's homeless
- Contact Information:
- Jeremy Steinman
- Public Relations Director
- M: 914-703-2909
- Email: Jeremy.t.steinman@CommunicAID.com
- What: The launch of the 'Hands for Hope' campaign
- The 'Hands for Hope' campaign, sponsored by the Baltimore Raven's, aims to raise money and awareness for the homeless community, while allowing community members to land a hand
- Prior to the game this Sunday when the Baltimore Ravens play the Cincinnati Bengals, fans will be welcomed onto the field to pledge their support for the community by placing a handprint on the 'Hands for Hope' banner"
- When: Sunday, November 27 2016 from 9:00 a.m. -- 12:30 p.m.
- Where: M&T Bank Stadium
- More than 20 percent of Baltimore City’s population living in poverty
- The money raised from the 'Hands for Hope' campaign will be put towards a variety of support services that will help homeless community get back on their feet.
- The Ravens have agreed to donate 15 percent of all ticket sales for Nov. 27 game in addition to 30 cents for each handprint placed on the banner
- With the momentum of the 'Hands for Hope' launch, CommunicAID and Paul's Place hopes to continue to engage the local community by providing a variety of volunteer opportunites throughout the month of December
- Richard W. Cass, President of the Baltimore Ravens:
- “Every man, woman or child in Baltimore deserves the best chance at life they can get...We need to support our local community members, especially when they are in a time of need.”
- Caitlyn Myers, Director of Involvement at CommunicAID"
- “As a community we cannot overlook the issue of homeless. If we have the ability to get motivate an individual and provide for them while they get back on their feet, then we need to do just that.”
- Bart Scott, Footbal Analyst for CBS Sports and former Baltimore Raven
- "There's something about this city, and this team, that pulls you in... important for me... to really serve these people who feel disenfranchised."
Give back to the Baltimore community and buy your ticket to the game today!
- To learn more about the 'Hands for Hope'
- Check out our Facebook Page
- Follow us on Twitter
- Visit our website: http://HandsForHope.com
- For more information on the Baltimore Ravens
- Interview Contact:
- Alex Ashinkos
- Director of CommunicAID
- M: 516-799-3339
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CommunicAID works towards the improvement of all lives in the Baltimore community by providing homeless and at-risk persons with temporary assistance to help facilitate long-term independence. Founded in 1994 as primarily a lobbying group, ComunicAID turned its focus towards immediate assistance for those in need by becoming the first full-functioning homeless shelter in Baltimore County, Maryland, in 1998 with its relocation to 424 West St. We provide various support services and temporary housing options for those in need. We at CommunicAID pride ourselves on being the largest support center for the homeless in Baltimore County and work towards making Baltimore the best it can be, one helping-hand at a time.
- Paul’s Place is a catalyst and leader for change, improving the quality of life in the Washington Village/Pigtown neighborhood and the surrounding Southwest Baltimore communities. Paul’s Place provides programs, services, and support that strengthen individuals and families, fostering hope, personal dignity and growth. (From their Website)