Early morning fire a likely case of spontaneous combustion

(Lander, Wyo.) - An early morning fire call to a barn on the edge of Lander was quickly put out. Lander Rural Fire Department Chief Nick Johnson said that the owner of the barn on the 2700 block of Spriggs Street caught the smoldering fire early. Johnson said the cause of the small fire was likely the spontaneous combustion of organic materials, thanks in part to the warm, windy weather with light precipitation. Two engine companies with nine firefighters made sure the fire didn't grow; there was no damage to the barn. [image: Spriggs Dr. Barn 2.23 (17).JPG][image: Spriggs Dr. Barn 2.23 (18).JPG] *photos h/t Jim Moore* #county10 #news