keyboard_arrow_up

Electrical fire destroys Dubois home yesterday evening

Electrical fire destroys Dubois home yesterday evening

A trailer home fire in Dubois last night resulted in almost a complete loss for one local resident, Dubois Fire Chief Mike Franchini said. Firefighters were called to the Barber Street home at 7:46 p.m. after someone observed flames coming out of the window of the trailer. Crews arrived on scene to find the living room of the home involved with heavy smoke and fire. No one was home when the fire broke out, so Franchini said they forced entry and put the fire out in 20 minutes. He said the home owner lost most of his belonging to smoke and fire damage; the trailer itself is also likely a complete loss. A fire investigator arrived and by 12:30 a.m., crews were able to head home. Franchini said the cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical cord attached to a freezer. The cord had become crimped, and the freezer was sitting on top of it, which resulted in enough heat to catch fire. [image: IMG_2016.JPG] Franchini stressed the importance of fire and smoke detectors. Had the fire broken out in the middle of the night, he said the only way the resident would have survived would have been with the warning from a detector. There were no injuries to any Dubois firefighters. It is unknown at this time if any resources have been set up for the man who lost his home. *photos h/t Joy Gage / Pitchengine Communities* #county10 #buckrail #news