Campbell County Fire Chief Bill Shank offers house fire prevention tips

(Gillette, Wyo.) - Around 1:30 a.m. on Monday, December 14 a fire broke out at the apartment complex located at 1025 Church Street. Read our initial report here. Campbell County Fire Chief Bill Shank said "thankfully there were no injuries from the fire, however around 24 individuals including several dogs, cats and snakes were initially displaced from their home." American Red Cross Disaster Program Manager for Wyoming, Cindi Shank, added that all but one family has been allowed back into their apartment. The family who is still displaced as of Tuesday afternoon lives in the apartment closest to point of origin of the fire. In the meantime, they will be staying with extended family. Fire Chief Bill Shank wanted to remind the community of some very important preventative measures folks should be considering especially this time of year. - Keep your chimney clean throughout the winter season. - Do not put ashes on wooden decks or in paper bags. - Check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Make sure they are functioning properly. - Be careful with candles. Never let candles burn through the night. - If you have a live Christmas tree in your home, keep it adequately watered. *Feature photo: Campbell County Fire Department facebook page / Pitchengine Communities* #county17 #news