keyboard_arrow_up

CCFD determines fire caused by faulty wiring

(Gillette, Wyo.) At 2:55 p.m. Wednesday afternoon, a man on Lewis Road reported a fire in his shop building. EMS, Campbell County Sheriff and the Campbell County Fire Department responded. The man reports that at around 2:45 his wife opened a window in their kitchen, and as he walked by the open window, he heard a loud popping noise. He looked out and saw heavy smoke coming from the shop. He also heard more popping noises, that were suspected to be from ammunition stored in the shop. He claimed to have just been in the building 10 minutes before and not have seen anything suspicious. Firefighters contained the fire to the contents of the shop and there were no injuries. They determined it likely started from electrical wiring in the building. Photo h/t CCFD // Pitchengine Communities #county17 #news