Cacao & Cardamom Opens Second Chocolate Boutique with a Houston-Inspired Collection of Bon-bons
Chocolate shop serves hand painted, exotic chocolate flavors to more neighborhoods in Houston with a 5-foot, golden, chocolate fountain.
HOUSTON, Texas, (Sept. 4, 2018) -- Cacao & Cardamom, a gourmet chocolate boutique with hand-painted and handmade chocolate bon-bons and truffles inspired by ingredients and spices from around the world to bring a new twist to chocolate, today announced plans for a new, second location in the heart of Montrose at 2013 West Gray next to the historic River Oaks Theatre. Opening in September, the new store will give visitors even more ways to experience luxury chocolate with a nearly 5-foot, golden-plated, dual cascading chocolate fountain unlike anything else in the city, pouring dark and caramelized white chocolate.
To celebrate the grand opening, the Montrose location will offer a new HOUSTON collection of chocolate bon-bons, created in collaboration with local businesses. The collection is an ode to the city for it’s love and support over the last four years, representing Houston’s diversity and strength, with flavors including:
- Black Currant & Maranon: Black currant caramel paired with a Maranon ganache to bring out the berry’s sweet earthy notes in a single origin chocolate, created with Xocolla Chocolate
- Cold Brew Coffee Crunch: Dark chocolate cold brew coffee ganache paired with a coffee bean nougatine, created with Java Pura Coffee Roasters
- Double Goat: House-made Cajeta caramel layered with a Pure Luck Chevre dark chocolate ganache, created with Houston Dairymaids
- Fig & Malbec: Malbec Reserve 2012 infused in a dark chocolate ganache finished with cinnamon and fig jam, created with Nice Winery
- HIVE Honey & Thyme: A local honey reduction paired with a milk chocolate and thyme infused ganache, created with HIVE Bee Farm
- Old Fashioned Bon-bon: An Angostura bitters ganache and layer of rye whiskey gelee with a hint of orange peel, created with Yellow Rose Distillery; and
- Olive & Oregano: A dark chocolate oregano caramel layered with Kalamata oregano crunchy breadcrumbs, created with The Bread Man Baking Company
Cacao & Cardamom Flavors:
“We are thrilled to expand our chocolate footprint with a new store and look forward to providing chocolate experiences to more foodies, families and businesses,” said Annie Rupani, Founder and Head Chocolatier, Cacao & Cardamom. “Our vision is to create a destination where people of all ages can interact with and immerse themselves in all things chocolate.”
In anticipation of the grand opening on Friday, September 28, Cacao & Cardamom has conducted a soft opening to give a unique first look and tasting starting today. With the opening of the second store, Cacao & Cardamom adds to the city’s unique food culture and diversity taking pride in the all-natural chocolates made with no added sugar, flavorings or additives. Following the opening, Fondue Fridays will be introduced to the menu in addition to a series of educational programs including chocolate happy hour and tastings creating a unique gathering place for art, chocolate and food lovers alike.
Cacao & Cardamom is open seven days a week from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. They also cater special events from weddings to corporate office parties. To learn more or place an order, visit https://cacaoandcardamom.com or call the store at (281) 501-3567.
To schedule a site visit or sample the new chocolate HOUSTON collection, contact Sanah Sadaruddin at Creative Grammar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For Media Inquiries:
About Cacao and Cardamom
Cacao & Cardamom is a chocolate boutique dedicated to creating one-of-a-kind handmade, hand-painted premium chocolate using the finest ingredients, exotic spices, nuts, flowers, roots, herbs and liqueurs. Founded by chocolatier Annie Rupani in 2014, the menu features over 40 varieties of sweet and savory signature chocolate bon-bons, as well as popular chocolate handbags and glitter pumps, custom mandients made with matcha and pop rocks and signature frozen drinking chocolate among other chocolate varieties. Guests can order chocolates in-store at the two Houston locations, online or by phone. Custom chocolates are available for social functions, corporate events, weddings and more. To learn more about Cacao & Cardamom, visit https://cacaoandcardamom.com or follow on social media (@CacaoandCardamom).