*h/t photo Bilyeu Collection, Sheridan County Museum / Pitchengine Communities* (Sheridan, Wyo.) — It's #MemoryMonday! Today's photo is another great one from the Sheridan County Historical Society and Museum
Bilyeu Collection, showing the original Cady House Building on Main Street.
The building, which features an elaborate Italianate-Gothic architectural
style, opened in the 1890s, according to Wyoming Tales and Travels
. Inside, Sheridan
residents were treated to vaudeville shows and plays traveling the national
circuit — something that must have been a treat in out-of-the-way Wyoming
at the time.
In 1906, a fire gutted the building, and it was rebuilt without its top
Today it is home to several local businesses, including Sanford’s