KidsGiving365 Fact Sheet
KidsGiving365 Fact Sheet
KidsGiving365 is creating the next generation of givers by making community service a way of life for young people. When children volunteer, studies show they learn kindness, respect and empathy. Kids involved in community service also do better in school, and are less likely to become pregnant and try drugs.
At our giving events, children experience giving first-hand. They meet the child they’re helping, face-to-face, something they’ll remember forever. The children being served live in poverty in the Denver Housing Authority’s (DHA) housing projects.
We work with the DHA to identify children who live below the poverty line in places like Denver’s Sun Valley neighborhood, the poorest, youngest and most neglected in Colorado, according to the Denver Post April, 2015. DHA presented the charity its Distinguished Service Award, 2016.
KidsGiving365 is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) created by three moms in 2010 who wanted to teach their children about giving back early in life. Our mission is to inspire life-long giving.
• Santa’s Elves will be held on December 10, 2016 at three locations in Denver. In this program, families and children or “elves” go to www.kidsgiving365.org, choose an underserved child to help from our database, and make an appointment to give that child gifts. Registration for Santa’s Elves closes December 2, 2016.
• Back-to-School will be held in late summer/early fall 2017. Check out www.kidsgiving365.org to learn when registration opens. In this program, families and their children buy needed back-to-school supplies for low-income children, then give them those supplies during a fun event.
• Giving 365 - See how kids in Colorado and around the country are giving back every day by checking our website and Facebook page. We’ll feature your children’s stories, videos and pictures to inspire others!
• When it first began in 2010, kids gave presents to 75 impoverished children. Because of supporters like you, in 2015, we grew to serving more than 2,100 residents during the Santa’s Elves event and gave back-to-school supplies to 80 children.
• When asked what they want for Christmas, most resident children ask for shoes.
• The ages of the kids receiving the gifts range from infants up to 18-years-old.
• Our partners include KOOL105 Radio, Batteries Plus Bulbs, the Denver Nuggets, Usborne Books, Subway, Mom’s Fight Back, the Greenberg Traurig Law Firm, Key Stat Marketing and many others.
• KidsGiving365 aka Santa’s Elves is a 501(c3) nonprofit. Led by a Board of Directors, we are a volunteer-driven organization.
KidsGiving365 | 720.515.5692 | email@example.com