Everything You Wanted To Know About Motorised Roller Blinds
If you’re interested in adding motorised roller blinds to your home for a completely luxurious finishing touch, we’re sure that you want to check all the facts prior to making such a considerable investment. The good news is that you’ve come to the right place – below, we have taken a closer look at everything you need to know about these blinds to ensure that you’ve made the right choice.
Here in Australia, we have three options for motorised roller blinds, each of which have their fair share of advantages and disadvantages. Whilst they all have basically the same outcome, they differ in their cost and installation method.
- Solar Battery – This is the most common and most affordable power source, as it doesn’t require an electrician for the installation. The battery is surprisingly powerful, but many homeowners do find that they can be a little unsightly. They are mounted at the top of the window (generally hidden from the inside but visible from the outside).
- Wireless Battery – This power source is similar in popularity and cost point to the solar option, but is often recommended for use in climates that don’t see a whole lots of sunlight. They utilise lithium batteries, which have quite a long lifetime and actually recharge themselves when not in use over the course of the day or night.
- Hardwired – The least common and more expensive of the two, a hardwired power source requires an electrician for the installation. They will run two separate lines to each blind, connecting them all to a single control. Although this option is more expensive, it can be more reliable and is more aesthetically pleasing because it’s hidden.
Motorised window furnishings may not be as expensive as they have been in years past, but they are still more costly than manual roller blinds. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages to taking the motorised route:
- Child Safety – One of the best features of these blinds is that they are completely child and pet safe, as they eliminate messy cords and chains. You won’t have the stress of feeling like you have to constantly monitor your children and pets as they run around the house.
- Convenience – One of the main reasons that homeowners install motorised blinds is the convenience they offer. This is particularly true when it comes to awkwardly high windows and homes with lots of windows, as all you need to do is press a button.
- Improved Security – As these blinds can be placed on a timer or automated system, they can also be used to improve your home’s security – simply program them to open and close whenever you want and they’ll continue to operate even when you’re not at home.
The all-important question about motorised roller blinds is how much do they cost? The answer to this question is not as simple as it sounds – there are many different factors that can affect the cost, from the number of furnishings required per window to the power source chosen. A blinds expert will be able to provide you with a quote that is specific to your home and needs.
Energy window fashions provide all type of window blinds in Melbourne including, roller, roman, vertical, venetian and outdoor blinds for Melbourne and Canberra homes.